hernias=tummytuck??

patrina6
on 5/31/09 2:38 am - phoenixville, PA
hi! i am 5 yrs out...having lost 185lbs, and regaining 75, i am now looking at having surgery for hernias. My cousin mentioned something i had forgotten about...having the tummytuck at the same time...has anyone had this done??
dec721
on 5/31/09 7:27 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I had a tummy tuck, and when the surgeon started in on me, he found a hernia, which he fixed.  It was right handy!             --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

scrappywings
on 5/31/09 8:19 am - Riverside, CA
I have a very large hernia that needs to be fixed and my doctor said that it would be a lot better if I also had a TT at the same time, especially to remove all of the skin.  He said that I would heal quicker and have less chance of infection.

My surgery is scheduled for July 8th, but I am appealing my insur. co to cover the TT also.  They have approved the hernia, but not the tt.  If I have to pay it will be $6100 out of pocket.  I do have a long history of a bad rash so I am documenting everything and praying that it all goes through before surgery.  My husband and I have decide to pay if ins. doesn't because I can't imagine going through another surgery and not having all of the skin gone.

Good luck.
special kay
on 5/31/09 3:07 pm - Ladson, SC
I have 2 hernias. I found out when I was 1 year post op. I'm now 3 years post op. They are just now starting to bother me.  Finally, one month ago, I filed to have an adominoplasty and hernia repair done at the same time and I'm STILL waiting for an answer from the insurance company.
I have a feeling that they are gonna say, "no", because they were not the ones that paid for my WLS.

All i can do now is keep my fingers crossed! 
Good luck in your plastic surgery journey!!! 
     ~*Kay*~

450/388/173/175   
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/Special-Kay/ <~~ Look!! 

mom23reds
on 6/1/09 5:46 am - Bryan, TX
I am under BCBS TX and had hernias which needed repairing. Insurance did approve the panniculectomy at the same time because I already had 10+ years of documentation of skin problems from the pannus. My surgery was April 8th and I'm doing fantastic. They cut off 8.6 lbs of skin and my waist has shrunk over 10"!

Good luck!

Susan

Most Active