HIP HMO, Anyone approved for breast reduction????

Jessie-F
on 5/28/09 8:13 am
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, not to OH though. I know there are some wonderful knowledgable people here so I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the following Q's.
1. Have you been approved by HIP HMO?
2. If so, did you need to see anyone else besides your surgeon?(ortho etc..)
3. What letters did you need to submit?
4. How long did you wait for approval?

Maybe you didn't use HIP HMO, I'm still interested to hear your answers. Thanks. I'll make a more formal intro on another post. -Jess

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

islander
on 5/28/09 10:57 am - Middletown, RI
Blue Cross.  My Primary referred me to a surgeon & he did the paperwork.  It was fairly straightforward.  He submitted a letter that was within their requirements.  So much flesh had to be removed (according to height), & I had to have gone through another treatment without sucess (Celebrex).  Try checking your policy.

It was a matter of two weeks, rejection, two weeks again.  The first time he was slightly under the required skin removal.

Jessie-F
on 5/28/09 12:08 pm
Thanks for your reply. My surgeon said I needed a letter from an ortho and pcp, none of them will write one for me though. I see the surgeon tomorrow, hopefully something will resolve. I wonder if I will be able to qualify for the skin removal requirement? What size were you, if you don't mind me asking?
islander
on 5/28/09 2:31 pm - Middletown, RI
I am 5'8" & was a 38F.  The requirement was 1 lb. removal from each breast.  I am now 36 D.  Have you been complaining to your pcp about neck, back, shoulder pain?  So start!  Same with the ortho.  I also went to a chiropractor.  It seems to me my insurance req'd a 6 wk. treatment that failed.  The ortho may require some physical therapy.

Most Active