3 Procedures...Am I Nuts **UPDATED!!

susieQ227
on 5/28/09 11:46 am - Allison, PA
My sister said don't check the replies when I originally posted my question so I didn't. But just so those *****plied to my post will know...I did it..3 procedures at once. I went in around 8 AM and was being moved to a room from recovery around 7:30 PM. Everything went great, I went home the next evening, and my angelic sister stayed with me for a whole two weeks...every bit of it was needed, and I cried when she left. I thought I could send her home after one week, but I was completely wrong. So if anyone is thinking an extensive surgery like I had, PLEASE make sure you have someone with you for the first two weeks. My first couple days were terrible, but on the third day things began to get better. Anyway, I was given plenty of pain meds, spent two days in bed except for going to bathroom, then went to a recliner which was a great position for me to be in for a few days. I did have difficulty in getting up and down, but with my sister's help I did wonderfully. I have had only one slight problem. The Dr used internal suchers and outside glue and one small section opened up in my right groin area. I need to pack it with gauze twice daily and it should heal up although will take longer than the other areas. Anyway, the pain meds were plenty for me and I actually had little difficulty in getting up and down to the bathroom with the help of a potty chair that my sister kept sneaking down one notch every few days. I didn't even notice. Anyway, I am doing quite well on this 17th day since my surgery. The only "med" I take now is extra strength Tylenol for my open wound area and it takes care of the discomfort.
The bottom line..I had a fabulous surgeon (three cheers to Dr. Rubin at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center), a great sister to take care of me for two weeks, and a short 5 ft walk to the bathroom! My scars are healing well except for the one noted above and I can easily deal with that.

My original post had both pro and con to having all three of my procedures done at once, but I am glad I did it this way.
Jupiter6
on 5/28/09 1:19 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I'm right behind you-- breasts, arms and belly all done on June 25th-- thanks for the heads up!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

katiekat412
on 5/28/09 11:39 pm
I'm thinking of using Dr. Rubin!!! What procedures did you have done? I know he is reluctant to combine procedures. Would you mind sharing costs?

Thanks!!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

PamT
on 5/29/09 12:08 am - Downey, CA
I'm so glad it was so successful!! And I'll bet your glad it's over!! 

I had two procedures AL & FL a week ago and Tuesday I'm having the other two done,,TT & BL.  First surgery was not nearly as painful as I thought it would be. Here's hoping and praying my second is the same!!!!!!!!!!

PamT
sablouwho
on 5/29/09 2:41 pm - La La Land, CA
Pam,  what procedures are AL and FL? I see you are in the LA area -- I'm curious which surgeon you used for plastics?
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/09 7:58 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm curiouse what they are too......I'm guessing maybe an "arm lift and face lift"???
tcnaegele
on 5/29/09 6:45 am - madison, IN
i had 3 done at once lbl arms and breast, with no problem, and hardly any pain at all.
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/09 7:57 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
So glad you are doing well.
Which procedures did you have all at once?
I'm going to have a LBL and Inner Thigh Lift at the same time and am somewhat terrified...

Best wishes for a continued smooth recovery.
Ruth

MelissaF
on 5/29/09 11:44 pm - Northwood, IA
Sisters are true blessings.. thank goodness you had her to help you.  I had my wonderful husband and mother and I am so thankful for their help.  I didn't need that much help but just knowing they were there was so nice mentally.  Sounds like your sister was a Godsend to you... so glad you had her there!

Glad to hear you are on the other side and recooperating now... hang in there.  Take your meds and be sure to walk to keep that blood flowing.  Do what you can and each day should get better and better.  You will be so happy you had this done without any doubts in the end, I am sure.  
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active