Did other people notice a difference after you had your TT or LBL?

Melissa M.
on 5/27/09 1:32 pm - Seabrook, TX

I was just curious to see how many of you had people notice a difference in your shape after you had a TT or LBL without you telling them what you had done beforehand.  There is just a handful of people I have told (mainly immediate family) and 2 close coworkers.  I've had docs tell me that I have anywhere between 6-10 pounds of extra skin but that I will look like I've lost lots more (after swelling of course).  Most of my weight is in my midsection and I would love to be able to look like I've lost more than was removed.  Actually, I'm hoping I'll eventually make it to my goal after my LBL.   Did your friends and family notice how much slimmer you looked after your PS?

Thanks for your input!

Melissa

MelissaF
on 5/27/09 2:08 pm - Northwood, IA
Hi Melissa!

I lost 7 lbs of skin with mine and people notice right away.  However I did disguise it well, I can wear different clothes (more form fitting) that I didn't wear before.  I am still swollen though so I am excited to see what I will be in.

Tonight I tried on my nursing scrubs.. I fit into my XS bottoms (wore these for a day during my journey and immediately decided too small and got a size bigger-small.)  And my Small tops are baggy... it blows my mind.  I even bought size 4 slim fit capri bottoms the night before last and they fit over my garment... its incredible.  I was a size 4/6 preop tho.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Melissa M.
on 5/28/09 5:17 am - Seabrook, TX

That's great to hear.  You were small to begin with so you are going to end up being tiny tiny!

DEBI R.
on 5/27/09 4:35 pm, edited 5/27/09 4:37 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I had 15 lbs of skin removed from my arms and LBL and went from a 12-14 to a 8-10 but 10's are really loose on me.  I did wear loose clothes before but now wear more fitted clothes so I definately look smaller than I did before plastics.

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Melissa M.
on 5/28/09 5:19 am - Seabrook, TX

Wow, 15 pounds is a lot!  You must feel like a totally different person.  I think it's great to see how some people just get smaller and smaller the further out they are.  Can't wait!

Thanks,
Melissa

DEBI R.
on 5/29/09 11:18 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Hi Melissa,

I feel fantastic I'm so thankful to get rid of the loose skin.  I had alot of loose skin and still have some in my legs, breasts and side breasts. I thought I would be happy just getting rid of the bat wings and stomach but now the breasts are really bugging me. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to afford to have my breasts done though, I can hope though. LOL
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/09 4:36 pm - Los Angeles, CA
People definintely notice a difference, but my friend commented that the biggest difference he's seen is in that slowly burgeoning "inner self- confidence" that I now have.
Suzi Que
on 5/28/09 3:10 am - British Columbia, Canada

Hi Shira,

I am considering plastics and would like to be able to view your photos as we have similar stats.  Please add me as a friend?

Tks,

Suzi

VSG June 26, 2011 - 3 Year Sleevaversary

Melissa M.
on 5/28/09 5:23 am - Seabrook, TX
You know that's what I'm hoping for.  Living your whole life as an obese person really affects our self esteem.  I'm hoping that my PS will give me a whole new perception of myself and gain some confidence that I've never really had.

Thanks,
Melissa
Honeyblonde
on 5/27/09 9:45 pm - MN
Hey Melissa -

People definitely noticed a difference.  I have to agree though, with a few of the other people who said that dressing differently and more self-confidence could attribute to that.

I think one of the big differences is that I started dressing differently.  I can wear BELTS now, and actually tuck my shirts in.   I tend to wear clothes that are more fitted and show off my shape, as opposed to clothes that camouflaged the bulges from the extra skin.  It's very fun.

Good luck - it helps a lot when the swelling goes down!

~ BJ

Most Active