REVISION QUESTION

ShirleyG
on 5/26/09 8:38 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
I need some input please.. I had the thigh lift , to the knee about 8 months ago .  All healed no problems at all .. Healed rather quickly and was back to work in 2 weeks .
Now at this stage ,halfway up the legs the scars have faded to almost invisiable ,,, from about halfway down the rest to the knew it is white and not thin line as above it ,,,NOT happy with it at all and dont think it will fade like the rest of the scar has.
Can a revision be done and had anyone did this ...How long was the recovery and if so ..
Thanks so much in advance
Shirley
MelissaF
on 5/26/09 10:25 pm - Northwood, IA
Maybe Susan will chime in.

She had lazer therapy done to all her scars recently.  Good luck!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

ShirleyG
on 5/27/09 1:19 am - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Hey Melissa
Not sure laser will work here., but then i dont know ....Scar is white and flat but the width of it isnt thin ..kinda like it separated some while healing or something ..
Shirley
Susan S.
on 5/27/09 1:35 am - Roselle, NJ
 The tension on the lower part of the leg is typical - and the scar is usually a bit more intense.  The laser treatment I had (on all my scars- three procedures) works best when scars are still pink - as the hemoglobin in the scar absorbs the laser - not sure if it does anything if they are completely faded.   In addition to lightening the color of the scar (it breaks up the hemoglobin and the body clears it) it also can reduce the profile of the scar and in some cases the width.   It is certainly worth exploring with your PS.   I've had vast improvement in most of my scars (all were quite pink).......I would pursue that before a surgical revision.    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

ShirleyG
on 5/27/09 3:27 am - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Thanks Susan
I will do that ...Is it simply called laser treatment or are there different types of it .. I would certainly give it a try if if works as opposed to the surgical revision.
How expensive (ballpark) and how long or what type of recovery comes with that ?
Thanks so much
Shirley
Most Active