TT and muffin top

Honeyblonde
on 5/27/09 9:52 pm - MN
I agree with almost everyone here - your surgeon should be able to tell you what's best for your body shape and amount of skin.  Everyone is different.

I ended up getting a LBL because my doctor said I would love the flat tummy, but would still have the excess (muffin top) in the back.  He was able to tighten everything without doing an anchor cut. I'm very happy with the results (pics on profile).

Good luck on your journey!

~ BJ

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/09 11:01 pm
BJ:

Your photos look amazing.  If you don't mind me asking; what is your pre-LBL weight?  You look so small.  Congratulations on  an amazing journey, I am going for a consultation today with a plastic surgeon and I will ask about the LBL.

thanks for the helpful information.
Honeyblonde
on 5/27/09 11:56 pm - MN
Thank you!  I'm happy with the results.

I'm 5'9" and I weighed 180 lbs. when I had surgery last December.

Now, my weight stays right around 170 lbs.

Good luck at your consultation.  Be sure and keep us posted!

~ BJ

MSHAMO
on 5/28/09 2:09 am, edited 5/28/09 7:38 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI

I had the bikini cut because I had no tummy scars. My PS suggested an anchor, but I said I didn't want the scar. Now I can see that, although I had some lipo, having an anchor would have taken off even more from my midsection, but I do not have a muffin top. I guess you just have to decide which is best for you. Good luck, you will love whatever you do!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
WendieS
on 5/28/09 2:26 am - Birmingham, AL
It worked for me.
I had lost about 135 lbs and had carried most of my weight in stomach. He took of almost 10 lbs.
My scar is hip to hip but I have no muffin top unless I wear pants that are too tight :)
Of course I have gaine 10 lbs and had a baby last july. It still looks great.

Quade born July 6!!!! 
easter09040-1.jpg picture by wendiesmi

jazzigirl
on 5/28/09 2:40 am - Rose Hill, KS
Thank you for this posted. I am in the research phase myself and am hoping to have surgery in a year. I need so much work done but can't afford everything i want. So, i want what i have done to be right. The responses you received from this post are great too and I appreciate everyone taking the time to help us newbies. Good luck on your journey and I would love to add you as a friend to follow your journey!

75% EWL!!!!    Miracles do happen and the DS is mine!
RosieHawk
on 5/28/09 4:35 am - Ottawa, Canada
I have pics in my profile...

Anyhoo, for me the anchor cut provided contouring above the belly button that a straight bikini cut would not have given me.  I truly have an hourglass figure and no rolls or fat bulges anywhere (I did not have lipo).

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

Most Active