TT and muffin top

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/09 12:21 pm
Does the bikini cut tummy tuck eliminates the muffin top?  I really don't want the ugly scar of the anchor cut tummy tuck since I had the laproscopic gastric bypass surgery, but I don't want to get stuck with the muffin top.  Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for all of your help.
Melissa M.
on 5/27/09 12:30 pm - Seabrook, TX
I think it really depends on how you are shaped and how much excess skin you have and where it is located.  I know the TT removes the muffin top in most cases but for others, an anchor cut is neeed.  My WLS was open so I already have a vertical scar which is why I am opting to have the anchor cut.  There are some people who have had a regular TT and wished the had gotten the anchor cut.  I would go on a few consults and see what the surgeons recommend.  They will be able to best determine what would work best for you.

Good luck,
Melissa
brenda F.
on 5/27/09 2:13 pm - whitney, TX
may i be your friend too. i think i'' going to need all the support i can get ..
was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
MelissaF
on 5/27/09 12:31 pm - Northwood, IA
I think it also depends HIGHLY on the surgeon.  I had a TON of excess tissue abdominally and my surgeon prefers not to do the anchor cut b/c it is more chance for infection at the connection points and well its a huge scar there also.  If he can get me flat... then to me its not so much on the patient as it is the surgeon.. b/c I was pretty severe in the abdominal area.. i can add u as a friend so u can see preop and postop pics.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/09 12:37 pm
Thanks, I would love to see your pictures.  I lost 90 lbs. and have been at 150 for several months (all belly).  I am small on top and extremely small on the bottom, but I have  the one thing I always wanted to get rid of which is my stomache.  I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon tomorrow and I am hoping he is the one (I've had 3 previous consults with other surgeons).  Thanks for the advance and I will keep you posted.
brenda F.
on 5/27/09 2:07 pm - whitney, TX
 Melissa ,Hun well you add me .I'm going to have something done .i don't know what he well do yet .I'm waiting for them to call me with a date to talk to the surgeon .all i know is my wls surgeon said i needed to have my hole stomach wall rebuilt.   I'm scared .Red in TX ..
was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
MelissaF
on 5/27/09 2:13 pm - Northwood, IA
Adding you now Brenda.  I am sure your surgeon will know exactly what to do and do it well..  hard not to be nervous.  Keep us posted on what he or she decides to do.  HUGS
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

BigCityGirl
on 5/27/09 12:50 pm - San Diego, CA
You need to get some consults with board certified plastic surgeons and let them look at your body and give you advice.  I went to six before I found the one I wanted.  I started out thinking a TT would work for me but I ended up with an LBL on the advice of my surgeon and it was the absolute right thing to do.  I have no muffin top and I couldn't be more pleased with the result.  And I weighed 150 when I had my LBL.  Four of six surgeons recommended an LBL the other two said an extended TT with flank lipo.  No one recommended an anchor cut for me.  I know women who have had the anchor cut and look fabulous now.  Get lots of advice and think it over carefully.  I'm sure you will come to the right conclusion.  Congratulations on your weight loss - you look great in your photos.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 5/27/09 12:59 pm
Thanks for the advice.  I refuse to let anyone cut me until I am sure he or she is the right surgeon.  I have learned so much from this board regarding what to expect and what not to accept from a doctor.  All of the surgeons I met with advised me to have the bikini cut tt with flank lipo.  One surgeon even suggested during the bikini cut and if I'm not satisfied with the results he can do a revision on the upper belly (muffin top).  I don't want to get cut twice if I can get the results I want the first time around.  I have heard great things about the surgeon I have a consult with tomorrow, so I am hoping he's the one for me. 

thanks again!
DEBI R.
on 5/27/09 4:41 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I had a really large muffin top so I had to have an anchor cut to get rid of it, to me the scar is worth it.  It's ony been 7 weeks and my scar is fading  nicely so I'm happy about that.

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Most Active