Questions

lippy81
on 5/26/09 10:02 pm - Ottawa, IL
Hello everyone. I am just starting my research on plastic surgery. I am looking to getting my arms done. I have some questions for anyone who had it done, how much time were you off work? Did u run into any trouble getting the time off of work? I am concerned about my job giving me the time off since it is an elective procedure?? Thank you for all feedback
Kelly V.
on 5/27/09 3:51 am - Galion, OH

I had my arm surgery on Wed and took the rest of the week off and went back on Monday.   It was a bit hard but I muddled through it. 

Also, you do not have to disclose to work what type of surgery you are having as this is your privacy.   They should not be asking you either and if they do say it is personal.   

Good Luck!!

lippy81
on 5/27/09 6:49 am - Ottawa, IL
Wow that was quick!! Did u get both arms done? I was wondering if they do both at the same time. I figured I had some rights to privacy but was not sure about FMLA and how that works. Thanks for the help
PamT
on 5/27/09 5:06 am - Downey, CA
I had my arm lift & face lift on Fri, May22nd, 5 days ago.   I am scheduled for a TT & BL on June 2nd. Because of the two separate hospitalizations, I took off 6 weeks. And the "reason? Surgery. That's it. They can not ask you why or what for.

I was able to use my arms immediately, slowly, carefully and not for anything heavy, but I could get myself out of bed, needed alittle help getting dressed & could use them to eat & drink.

Could I go back to work? I still have all the stitches in. I guess that depends alot on the type of work you do.

Good luck to you.

PamT
lippy81
on 5/27/09 6:51 am - Ottawa, IL
Thanks for the feedback. I am a mental health therapist and sit most of the day I do type. I figured I didnt have to tell work what surgery I was getting but was not sure if I had to for FMLA stuff. Did you get both arms done?
PamT
on 5/27/09 1:34 pm - Downey, CA
Yes, both arms and a lower face lift. Wasn't nearly as painful as I expected except for the terribly sore throat from the breathing tube. THAT was the worst part!!!!
Most Active