Brachioplasty question

doreenh
on 5/25/09 6:38 am - Meredith, NH
How long after surgery before you were able to lift your arms straight up?  My underarms are really tight and I know it's too soon but just curious about how long.  Washing my hair in the shower is awkward.

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/09 6:44 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
It was at least week 6 before I could stretch straight up wtihout that uncomfortable tight pulling.
BigCityGirl
on 5/25/09 10:43 am - San Diego, CA
This is the danger zone.  I started doing normal household kinda stuff probably a little too soon after my brac and I ended up with a 3 inch wound separation near my right armpit.  If I had it to do all over again, I'd wait six weeks before I did anything significant with my arms. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
DEBI R.
on 5/25/09 4:48 pm - CORSICANA, TX
My arms  still feel tight when I raise them, I've been able to raise them straight up for several weeks now.  I was able to wash my hair in the sink by myself on the 4th day, but couldn't shower until day 11 because I had 6 drains.

I just started lifting 3-5 lbs weights to build my triceps because my surgeon was conservative and didn't take enough off of my arms.
He suggested I start lifting weights at 4 weeks but I didn't want to that early so I waited until 6 weeks post op.

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

doreenh
on 5/25/09 7:23 pm - Meredith, NH
Thanks Everyone!  I'm not overdoing it (too much), I just wanted to make sure that it was normal for almost 3 weeks out.   I was worried that maybe the Drs took too much.  I went to a teaching clinic, they did an awesome job but I do want to stay on top of everything.
Doreen

Most Active