Lipo and numbness

katydidit64
on 5/25/09 1:52 am - north port, FL
Hi all, and thanks in advance for any and all help you can give my curious mind..... I had aggressive abdominal and lower back lipo on the 16th of April... So now its about 5 weeks later and I am still numb.  Is this normal?  When do you think that weird feeling will go away?  I know ask my doc... but in the meantime,  anybody know the answer?
BigCityGirl
on 5/25/09 2:44 am - San Diego, CA
I had my arms lipo'ed and I didn't have any numbness.  I'm going for some back and thigh lipo later this year and will be curious to hear from others if they have numbness. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/09 2:46 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I would say yes, it is normal.
I had minimal lipo on my outer thighs 8 weeks ago and I'd say they were numb for at least 6 weeks.  Since you had aggressive lipo my guess would be you'll be numb longer.  But keep in mind everyone heals differently........

Best wishes on your recovery!
Ruth
bradshaw0506
on 5/25/09 3:25 am - Chicago, IL
I had aggressive lipo too but I'm only 3 weeks post-op.  My torso was done and my inner thighs.  The numbness is so strange!

I'll be interested in what others say too.

I MY DS!!!

Road Less Travelled
on 5/25/09 11:27 am
VSG on 12/13/10 with
I had lipdo done on the sides of my breast  (under arm on rib cage portion) when I had a breast reduction done on 4 March

I still have some numbness.  it gets itcy and when I scratch it feels weird to not really feel all of it.

July 2007 = lap band ...Sept 2010: lap band removed....Dec 2010 VSG
HW: 283... VSG SW: 244 ..  got down to 170 -- now at 193 and "back on track" ....GW: 155

sophieclark
on 5/25/09 1:18 pm - Weatherford, TX
Had total LBL and Medial thigh lift  with lipo on both procedures11/12/08 and still numb. It is supposed to take a while....be patiet and dont scratch..you cant feel it anyways! lol
Sophie Clark
"Its not the years in your life it's the life in your years!!" 299/113/135
katydidit64
on 5/25/09 2:42 pm - north port, FL
Wow it looks like the numbness might last a long long time... um lets see the longest I can see from the replies is 6 months at this time...Sure hope it doesn't last that long.... it really feels like I am wearing the top portion of a support panty hose all the time!  Never really itches and I hope that doesn't start!  But then again I have been massaging baby oil all over that area since I had my LBL earlier in March so maybe that's why it doesn't itch...
Thanks for all the replies...
bradshaw0506
on 5/26/09 4:53 am - Chicago, IL
Has the massaging helped with your recovery?  Does it keep the swelling down for you?

I'm curious to know, my back is a mess.

I MY DS!!!

katydidit64
on 5/26/09 5:46 am - north port, FL
Well I really don't know if it has helped with my recovery as everyone is different... However I can say that my swelling is pretty much gone when I wake up in the mornings only to return by bedtime.  I really don't think I have a whole lot of swelling though... weight in the am is only different by about 2 lbs at nite. 
As far as my LBL scars go they look great! I think the massaging and oil has really helped there... My friend (LBL) at this stage was still pretty bright red looking while I am down to a pinkish color, the back around to the side incisions are flat with the front incisions still being a bit raised.  My mons is still alittle weird... more puffy and the hairline is higher making me think I have more hair there than before...and that higher stuff is also exposing more down below... uncomfortable at first but I think I have adjusted... Whoops TMI 

changing subjects now..... I know, I know scale obsession is a bad thing!  Until I started this journey I never owned a scale... now weigh my self daily... I think it helps keep me in check... gain more than 2 lbs... ease up on extras and shore up on proteins!  Works for me at this point... not too skinny... not at goal weight but not sure if I really want to be there either... I feel comfortable in this range right now... current BMI 28, weight loss with plastics?  A whooping 4 lbs at this point, maybe more will happen later, either way its okay clothes fit and look better on me!

Wow I must be having a chat moment or something! I cant seem to stopppp help!
Most Active