Arm Lift Advice

dalybenitez27
on 5/26/09 2:26 am - Orlando, FL
Well, it's official, I have a date of July 24th for my arm lift.  To those of you that have had it done, do you have any advice pre-op?  I have almost two months to prepare.  Thanks!
Susan S.
on 5/26/09 2:55 am - Roselle, NJ
 get your arms in the best shape you can - nicely toned muscles make for a much better outcome - and if you increase the circulation through muscle development - your healing will improve.  Free weights are all you need (or get the workout bands which are very effective) and find a good guide on general upper body exercises to tone.  Made a huge difference in my outcome (pictures on my profile).  I've been working out for well over a year - but you can accomplish a lot in two months time.    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

megameggs
on 5/27/09 4:06 am - FL
I just had my arms (plus breasts) done 3 weeks ago... my advice is to expect the unexpected! I wasn't prepared for how much help I needed right after the procedure--I had my mom and husband to help, but I didn't know I'd need them to feed me and give me sips of water! I couldn't raise a glass to my mouth, but I don't think that's typical. Within 4 days, I was able to do those things without a problem, but I'd just say be prepared for needing that level of assistance.

Also, my surgeon recommended button-down shirts. I have to say I never did wear one because I couldn't reach my arms backwards at all to get both arms in the holes at the same time. I did much better with big, loose, over the head shirts.

Best of luck to you! Who's doing your surgery?
Vist my weblog at www.megameggs.wordpress.com

dalybenitez27
on 5/27/09 6:34 am - Orlando, FL

Thank you both!

I am having it done at the USF residents program at USF.  I had a consult and really liked them.  The price is awesome, $3600 so I'm excited!

megameggs
on 5/27/09 7:29 am - FL
That is a great price--can't wait to hear how it goes! I'm considering USF for a thigh lift next!
Vist my weblog at www.megameggs.wordpress.com

dalybenitez27
on 5/27/09 7:37 am - Orlando, FL
I'll keep everyone posted.  :)
Most Active