8 weeks post op Brachioplasty pictures posted

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/09 6:43 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
WOW, it's been 8 weeks.  Had some ups and downs but healing is going as expected.  Somewhere around week 6 the swelling really went down a lot and some of the numbness has subsided (still have some numbness but much less).

Still very disappointed that the surgeon left so much flab on the arms.......especially the right arm...it's visibly larger than the left.  There might be a revision in my future, I decide at the end of the year.

They certainly are smaller than before surgery and all the wrinkled skin is gone, for that I am glad.  Can't wait for the scar to be less red.

MelissaF
on 5/25/09 11:16 am - Northwood, IA
Ok - I am going to reply and reply in an honest way.... b/c that is just the way I roll and would want ppl to be with me..

I do see your concerns.  I see that the right arm is larger than the left.  I also see that there is some remaining "flub" as you referred to it that I would have been upset had my surgeon not gotten also.  But I do agree they are significantly smaller than preop. 

However, I do think your scars look good considering it is an arm procedure.  From what I have seen in person and on here on the boards they do seem normal to actually almost on the "good" side with healing as far as darkness is concnered and look pretty darn flat.  I would be happy with that part and it will get better in time.  It is just a hard area to heal and takes much longer than say the torso, etc.

In the end would I personally revise?  Honest answer.  Yes.  I would if I went as far as to have it done, I woulda wanted it done to the best degree possible.  If a surgeon is told you are upset with your results will they revise for a discounted rate? How does that work?  I never understood why you should pay full price for a service u aren't happy with.. we don't with anything else in the world why plastic surgery?

Maybe a second opinion from another PS to see what their thoughts are.. but then again you are only 8 weeks out and maybe you just need more time to reduce the swelling etc....

Hang in there... the scars look good to me.. however I am not a surgeon just going by what I see from others in person and on OH.

Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/09 1:10 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Melissa,
Thanks for the response......I love the honesty!
I've already brought up the subject of a revision with the surgeon who did it.  AND, I've already discussed them with another surgeon.  My dilemma is do I really want the same guy to do it again and possible just shave off another small amount????? I think not BUT then I fell I shouldn't have to pay to get them done again.  I've decided to think about sometime around Nov/Dec.  Right now I'm focused on preparing for the LBL and Inner Thigh Lift.....which by the way I'm having a different surgeon do for me.  I'm not going to risk the super conservative surgeon not taking enough off the lower body!!!!!

Thanks again for the response!
Ruth

PS - I've always thought he did a great job on giving me a very thin neat incision.
cleos_mom
on 5/25/09 12:16 pm - phila., PA
your arms look great
DEBI R.
on 5/25/09 4:35 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I'd like to view your pics but can't, could you add me please?

I'm still not happy with my arms either, I wish my surgeon would have taken more at the elbows at least. I still have some swelling but it mostly comes and goes. I want a revision too but not sure I'll ever be able to afford one because I want my breasts done next.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/09 12:32 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Debi,
I accepted your friend request so you should be able to see them now.......
Have a good day!
Ruth
Jane E.
on 5/25/09 8:27 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with
I had surgery April 16.    Did you have incision under your arms?     Also I hate the way my arms feel.  They feel like someone elses body.  I am trying to stretch as the dr recommended, but it is still painful.    My underarm is not connected like it used to be, more lie its not attached to anything.      

How did your feel at this time?

I also had a huge hematoma on my right arm and armpit.   So this may go along with what I am feeling.  I still have a large knot.   Also a seroma on the left arm.

The rest of me, thighs, tummy, etc are doing well.

Jane

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/09 12:37 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yes my incision goes all the way down the armpit and meets up with the scar from my breast reduction.
My armpit has been the "weirdest" so far as having no feeling (still pretty numb there), but I do have almost 100% of my stretch/reach back.  I can lift my arms all the way up and when laying down on the floor can almost touch my hands to the floor when I lift them over my head.

Week 6 seems to be the magic week for me.......that's when I started improving.

My incision is nice and thin except at the elbow......it's gotten a bit thick but I'm trying to massage it more to soften it.

Best wishes on your recovery.........

Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/09 10:16 pm
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/09 12:38 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yep you are right........tons better than before!!  I have to keep reminding myself of that and try to look at the positive. 
Most Active