Tattoo to cover scars?

trudie74
on 5/23/09 11:53 pm - Round Rock, TX
Does anyone have a pic of a tattoo they got to cover a TT or LBL scar?  I am getting an extended TT in June and am already trying to hide the scar LOL!  I was thinking of maybe a scroll type thing across by front, but it might be low enough I won't care.  Just curious.

sisichi
on 5/24/09 12:14 am - Manchester, PA
I saw a really neat one on a site, will send link to you. I never wanted a tat but I think I may be changing my mind soon as I will have a lbl and it goes all around the body. Carole
Tattoo parlor for tattoos & body piercing - Los Angeles, California
blueigrl
on 5/24/09 12:19 am - port st lucie, FL
hi trudie-sorry i can't answer your question, but i wanted to know how much further an extended tt goes compared to a regular tt.  because i have love/hate handles but definitely don't want a lbl. thank you, jo
Redstrawberri B
on 5/24/09 1:02 am - Dallas, TX
Hi,

I'm not really sure if another procedure will take care of the love handles. This was a major concern for me because aI had a intertube tire going all around my mid area. I had a LBL on Thursday and it looks like that procedure took care of all of that along with my panni being removed!!

April
BigCityGirl
on 5/24/09 1:15 am - San Diego, CA
Unless you really love tattoos I would definitely wait on that one.  I'm 20 months out with my LBL and my scar is barely visible.  And I think it could fade even more. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
sablouwho
on 5/24/09 1:36 am - La La Land, CA
I'm going to echo what BigCityGirl has said. I think that it's better to wait -- the scar will fade over time and unless you're super into tattoos you may wind up regretting it.

Also, there are permanent makeup artists who use tattoo techniques who can do flesh colored tattoos to make scars less visible. They often do work for on patients who have had reconstructive surgery (for instance, to create the appearance of a nipple after mastectomy) so you can usually get a good referral from a doc that does that kind of work. You PS may know someone who does this.
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/09 3:58 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Cindy,
That is a great idea about the permanent makeup....I had not thought of that.  The surgeon who did my arms has someone on staff who does permanent makeup.  I think I'll have to give them a call on Tuesday.
THANKS..... this gives me new hope just in case my arm scar doesn't heal well.

Ruth
MelissaF
on 5/24/09 4:35 am - Northwood, IA
I know Susan N had some lazering done to all her scars recently too...
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/09 8:01 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yeah I can't wait to see pictures...
MelissaF
on 5/24/09 9:29 am - Northwood, IA
Oops slip of the fingers, Susan S.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active