Calling all peeps 6 weeks post-op LBL

bradshaw0506
on 5/24/09 12:33 pm, edited 5/24/09 12:51 pm - Chicago, IL
How are you doing?  I know we're all different but I'm just curious to see what life is like after your LBL and possibly if you had your thighs done too.

I'm currently 3 weeks post-op (tomorrow), but I have a huge work event at my 6 week mark and I'm wondering what kind of shape I'll be in then.

Anyone wanna share?

I MY DS!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/09 3:36 pm - Los Angeles, CA
I'm more like 9 weeks, but I can tell you I was GREAT at 6 weeks. I was just starting to work out a bit (which wears ya out FAST), but as long as I got enough rest, I was pretty energetic. Pain was mild, and I was on mainly Tylenol.
DEBI R.
on 5/24/09 6:09 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I'm almost 7 weeks post op and doing great. I still have quiet a bit of tightness but other than that everything's fine.

From week 4-6 I tired easily but now I'm feeling like my old self again.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

tcnaegele
on 5/24/09 11:05 pm - madison, IN
im at 6 weeks and feeling good, insisions are all healed, just get tired easy.
MelissaF
on 5/25/09 12:44 am - Northwood, IA
Great Questions! I will will be following this post closely...

Anyone still swollen at 6 weeks? I am mainly swollen at the base of my incision near pubic bone and it never goes away it seems.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

bradshaw0506
on 5/25/09 2:49 am - Chicago, IL
Kinda like you have a little pooch there?  I've got that too and if I get really swollen my entire torso gets swollen and I have this weird trunk thing happening.  Although my whatchamacallit is still swollen on one side....it's so weird!  My legs are doing well but I can't go without my compression stockings for long. 

The work thing is also a bit of a vacation w/ the husband so I need to be up to par.

I MY DS!!!

MelissaF
on 5/25/09 7:48 am - Northwood, IA
Exactly.. poochiness and really almost like a "ledge".  If you look at me from the side.. there is a definte step from pubis area to the incision line if that makes any sense at all.  I have massaged it some but have never really had "clearnace" from my surgeon to do this.  I also take bromelain once a day, not sure if it is helping or not?

I did not have any liposuction unlike you.  I think your swelling will be more dramatic and longer lasting with lipo.  At least with everything I read.. especially more aggresive forms of lipo.   So hang in there... that isn't exactly ... how do I put it.. "non gentle" means of plastic surgery there :)  It will take time and healing after that but the results will be amazing.  

Today I tried on many shirts and to my amazement they are all too big.. most are mediums and some smalls.  All my jeans are too big to with the garment. I will be going shopping it looks like after all this is said and done.  Wow.. and to think I am still swollen.  I can't believe how many clothes we go through from beginning of WLS journies to after plastics, not sure I wanna know. LOL
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active