Thanks for Your Responses to Pain Med Question!!!

bamagirlee
on 5/24/09 1:35 am - Phenix City, AL
I want to thank you all for your comments and tips regarding the pain meds. (Even Mac Mama who LOOOOOVES her pain meds...no wonder you're so goofy girl! LOL)
I feel much better now. There was never a question as to whether I'd take them, but now I do feel more comfortable in doing so!  
It makes perfect sense that as long as you are in pain and your body needs them, they don't make you high.

I have gained so much knowledge from reading about all your experiences and struggles and I appreciate you all being so open and informative!

Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/24/09 2:28 am
  LOL!!!  I'm STILL looking forward to the Vicodin.... WHO says they don't make you high?  Man - you ain't got the right doc!!!!

Just kidding - seriously though - it's HELL managing without them - you will heal better if you are not stressed - they take that edge off. 

Good luck to you!!! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

MelissaF
on 5/24/09 3:02 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Phyllis - I will say that the percocet did give me a "High" where the lortab does not.  So if you find you are getting that "high" you may want to ask for a different drug b/c I can see where one could like that feeling as a transfer addiction. I switched to lortab/vicodin and it takes the pain down but no high.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

MSHAMO
on 5/24/09 12:57 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I have been taking Vicodin and they don't make me feel high. They just take that scratchy feeling away!! Nancy
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Most Active