X-Post - Home from LBL...

zappre
on 5/24/09 2:22 am
...and live is good.  I mean really good.  So far, anyway, it's been almost easy.  Sure it hurts, but I didn't use the Morphine pump once and have had only the occasional Percocet to take the edge off.  No major pain.  Was under for 7.5 hours and he removed 10 pounds of mostly skin, hardly any fat apparently.  He was really pleased and I must say, I had a quick look and WOW - my stomach is completely flat!!!!!!  My thighs are no longer wrinkly, my butt is better and its healing really well so far.  I have four drains and will have them for 3 or so weeks.  I'm home now and feel so normal that I sent my mom home cause I"m completely mobile and alert.  I had so much trouble breathing after the DS for a couple of days and this time, I took full deep breaths right in the recovery room.  All in all, a resounding success.  Thanks for everyone's support.  That chicken swinging really does the trick.

HW-373 / SW-352 / CW-160 / GW-185                     

morgansmommy
on 5/24/09 2:38 am - Gig Harbor, WA
WOW!!! Congratulations, and wishes for a continued awesome recovery!

Mary
MelissaF
on 5/24/09 2:51 am - Northwood, IA
YAY!  - Welcome to the LBL Bench!!! :o)  Isn't it grand???  

Life is good, yes.  Do not be surprised when your nerve endings start waking up and the numbness wears off, that part did kinda freak me out but I really wasn't prepared for it.. It was only uncomfortable for about a day and half and then I think i got used to it.  For me it happened early like at 2.5 weeks out.

Hang in there, keep walking and drinking.. get your protein in for healing!!  

So glad you are doing so well!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/09 3:43 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congratulations on a what sounds like a very successful surgery!

You mentioned your stomach is flat and your thighs look good........which procedure or procedures did you have?

Along with swinging that chicken make sure you get plenty of rest.....your body needs it!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Ruth
zappre
on 5/25/09 9:03 am
Thanks Ruth.  It's called different things but I believe he called it a circumferential body lift.  It's a 360 degree cut around my hips and up the middle of my stomach like a tummy tuck.  He tightened the stomach muscles like a tummy tuck as well.  He pulled the sides towards the middle and pulled up the legs, butt, etc. to meet the top part.  It's all good.

HW-373 / SW-352 / CW-160 / GW-185                     

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/09 7:24 am
Glad to hear you're doing so well.
Honeyblonde
on 5/24/09 10:32 am - MN
Amazing isn't it!  Congratulations - I'm thrilled for you, because it's such a great feeling to have a FLAT stomach!!

Yeaaaa!   I'm glad your mom was able to be there for as long as you needed her !

Take it easy though!!

~ BJ
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/09 11:53 pm
Melissa M.
on 5/25/09 8:59 am - Seabrook, TX
Wow, you are going to be so pleased!  You look great!
Most Active