Placement of LBL incisions

MelissaF
on 5/23/09 1:19 am - Northwood, IA
OK all of you know I *adore* my surgeon.. so this isn't a complaint....

I do have a question though.

When you try on your undewear or for those of you who are more daring - bikini bottom - do you find that ALL your scars are covered???

On the front side mine are but not at all on the back, they come up way too high.  I knew this would be a possibility but its pretty far up above my underwear.  I honestly don't plan to wear a bikini so it really doesn't matter to me.. I guess I am just curious about others out there? 

Everything is covered or no????
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

mommyto4kids
on 5/23/09 2:13 am
on my back is pretty high too. My undies usually hide most of the scar. I do think I may get a tattoo over the back scar later so when I bend over people dont see it.    Brandi
MelissaF
on 5/23/09 1:09 pm - Northwood, IA
Clever, although mine is basically all over on the back not covered by undies :(  Oh well.. I look so much better than I did before PS body wise.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

bradshaw0506
on 5/23/09 3:09 am - Chicago, IL
That's a good idea Brandi!

Mine is a little higher than I initially thought it would and I don't care for it much.  I do know that if you wore regular high cut briefs you would be fine, anything called "cheeky" panties would be fine too since they're suppose to come up higher on the hips.  I actually prefer them myself.  All others are cut a bit too low, even some boy shorts are too low.

I have a Victoria Secret trip planned for this afternoon to see what looks best on me.  My size M look like huge granny panties on me now!  They were big before so this will be interesting.

Melissa, too bad you live so far away out there in Iowa you could join me on a panty hunt!

I MY DS!!!

MelissaF
on 5/23/09 1:12 pm - Northwood, IA
LOL - a panty hunt would be great! I saw VS had their cotton panties 10 for 25 bucks!  I think I will go and get some next week if they are still on sale!

Not sure regular high cut briefs would even work for me, my surgeon definetly goes pretty high on the back side, I am realizing.  We will see.  I will have to look for those and check them out.  All I know scars or not, I look a lot better than I did before.  I just wish I could take the darn garment off without swelling up and even when I do wear it  I am still swollen mainly along the incision line above the pubis bone.. never goes down - not since surgery yet.  I hope it does eventually. I started taking bromelain and so far not sure if its keeping it from getting worse (the swelling) or if its helping or what.. but I will keep taking it for a couple months anyways.  GNC had it for 9.99 for 60 tablets of 500mg a piece.
Hugs, Melissa 

Honeyblonde
on 5/23/09 4:33 am - MN
Mine is fine in the front, but seems very high in the back.  (and I love my cute little bikini panties)  Especially on the right side in the back middle.  I swear that the top of my butt crack is higher too.  If I'm not careful, the moon comes out when I least expect it!!!

~BJ
MelissaF
on 5/23/09 1:13 pm - Northwood, IA
Hi BJ.

Mine too, very high in the back.  LOL you are so funny!!!  Well regardless of WHERE your incisions are placed, you look DANG good lady!!
Hugs, Melissa 

tazfan
on 5/23/09 9:44 am
My surgeon matched the front and back incisions.  I wear the string bikini panties and my scar is covered all the way around.  Dr. Mariotti did an amazing job.
MelissaF
on 5/23/09 1:14 pm - Northwood, IA
That's awesome.  I do think some surgeons really do try to make the incisions so they are covered with underwear.   I know mine said he would try but felt my butt already looked good and not sure if that had anything to do with the placement (probably not).  Glad you are so happy with your results and your surgeon! I am happy too just wish the incision didn't stick out so much b/c I am realizing I will never wear a swimsuit where my back would show really but that is ok.
Hugs, Melissa 

BigCityGirl
on 5/23/09 12:41 pm - San Diego, CA

Mine are covered all the way around. 

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Most Active