Had breast lift w/no aug-do I need to wear a bra at night?

cinderella2
on 5/23/09 12:31 pm - CA
I am 5 weeks post op after having a breast lift (no augmentation) and a tummy tuck. My doc never said anything about wearing a bra or other support while sleeping. Someone posted on another board that if you sleep without a bra, your lift will drop. Now I am worried. I do notice that when I sit up in the morning that my breasts hurt for a moment because they have been flat while I lay down and then move position when I sit up (I guess). I actually think I might have dropped a bit, or else the swelling is gone and my boobs are just settling to where they are going to be. Does anyone have any info on wearing a bra while you sleep? And if you do ,what is the most supportive type to wear?

Start of Pre-op diet 317- Surgery 274-Current 164-Goal 150

BigCityGirl
on 5/23/09 12:42 pm - San Diego, CA
I wore my surgical bra for six weeks - day and night. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Wendy_Canada
on 5/23/09 12:55 pm - Canada
My breast lift and tummy tuck is booked for June 29th.  The surgical bra you wore............did you have that purchased before you went in for your surgery? Is it something they fit you with after your surgery (because how would i know what size to buy ahead of time right?)

Thanks for your help.  I hope my question doesn't sound stupid

Wendy

BigCityGirl
on 5/23/09 1:30 pm - San Diego, CA
The surgical bra, actually two of them, were given to me at the clinic the morning after surgery when I returned to have my bandages removed.  From then on I wore it.  The bras come in one band size, with no cup size.  In other words, mine was a 36.  It had five hook and eye attachments in the front and velcro adjusters on the shoulders.  The cups were made of an elastic type fabric that expanded to the size of the breast. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/09 1:01 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I was told to wear mine 24x7 for 8 weeks........then I could wear a regular bra during the day but I still slept in my sports bra or the surgical one, it just felt saver.  Like you I was afraid the new breast would drop and even sag so I kept them under wraps.  I'm only 6 month post op and still feel best when I'm wearing a something at night.
BethinSeattle
on 5/23/09 8:28 pm - Federal Way, WA
I had a lift with implants.. ..had my arms done at the same time.  I wore a sleeve compression garment for three weeks.. then when the PS said I could stop wearing that he told me to wear a sleepbra or sports bra.. or some sort of non-wire bra 24/7 for another three weeks. 

After that he told me I could wear whatever type bra I wanted during the day (wired or wireless) but to (and he said *please*) sleep in some sort of bra.   He's comment was that it would help protect my investment.  Most of the sports bras are too restrictive feeling for me.  The moment I'm out of my clothes for the day, the sleep bra goes on.  I like being a D cup and don't ever want to be a 'long' again.

Wow.. just realized it's been two years since my BL/BA with brach.

322/157/170 Reached Goal on 7/30/06
LBL w/o outer thighs on 9/11/06
BL/BA, brach, lipo on 5/16/07
Medial Thigh lift on 01/23/08
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/23/09 10:57 pm
I am having a TT and BL (no implants) on Wed - my instructions have me in a sports bra for several weeks before going with nothing

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Lynne R.
on 5/23/09 11:50 pm - Houston, TX
Call your surgeon and ask.

Lynne

Susan S.
on 5/24/09 7:39 am - Roselle, NJ
 I wear an underwire day and night - and will forever.......at least until things really settle down I"m still seeing changes as they settle into place and the more support I have the better they feel.  I do a lot of weights and when I work my pecs etc. I am pretty sore afterward....the more support I'm wearing the better I feel.  s  Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Redhaired
on 5/24/09 7:51 am - Mouseville, FL

I had my lift back in September.  I still wear my sports bra 24/7.  It is comfortable and I see no reason not to.  I take it off to shower and if I am dressing up I wear a different bra.  I am part of that generation that went braless and I can see now that while we did it to make a statement about women's rights -- it really was not the best thing for our breasts.

Red

Most Active