thigh lift update

happy girl
on 5/23/09 10:16 am
Not much new to report. Went to work for 8 hours on Thursday (an all day meeting) and my legs were a mess at the end of the day, so didn't go in on Friday. I called the PS and the nurse at PS office said to keep up with antibiotics and pain meds, that it's a matter of time...... Sad about 90% of the groin incision on my right leg is open and I have a few holes on the left. It's a mad stinging kind of pain and I stiffen up quiet easily.  Oh, and I can see some sutures in the holes on the left leg...

I am not sure how I am supposed to function like this. The last PS appt he said to "live your life" and "it's a hard surgery to recover from, it takes time" .  I can barely move without pain and drainage from my incisions.

So I am on my  4th rounds of antibiotics, my BB is infected, as well where the the T of my anchor cut meets (there is a big hole there also)

Just trying to take it one day at a time, but it's hard. I wish I could be more positive right now.  i have another appt on Tuesday afternoon, so I will see what's next.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Melissa M.
on 5/23/09 1:40 pm - Seabrook, TX
So sorry your recovery isn't going as smoothly as you had hoped.  Just take it as easy as possible and make sure you are eating lots of protein and keeping up with your vitamins--very important! 

Good luck!
Melissa
MSHAMO
on 5/24/09 12:24 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Sorry to hear that you are having so many problems with your surgery, it's hard enough even with no complications. Make sure you take care of yourself and take those drugs!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Susan S.
on 5/24/09 7:41 am - Roselle, NJ
 I haven't been on much of late so I didn't know you were having trouble - but according to my surgeon I'm the only thigh lift he's ever done that didn't have complications.    Take it as easy as you can (I know..that sucks).......and sending you good vibes!!   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/09 1:48 pm
Most Active