I'm Freaking Out

sisichi
on 5/23/09 7:46 am - Manchester, PA
Hi, I am due for surgery in a week and I am really freaking out. I don't know why as I have had other surgeries. This is just overwhelming, I can't decide to go ahead and have my arms done or not, am supposed to get LBL, BL/BA.. How did you all physc yourselves out on these issues as they got closer? I am amazed at all the wonderful results everybody else has gotten, One thing that is bothering me is I have to travel far from home and be gone two weeks, this is heavy on my mind but like my husband said, we need to be near the Dr in case he is needed afterwards. Boy, I wonder how you all do it so easily??? Carole
bamagirlee
on 5/23/09 8:37 am - Phenix City, AL
Hey Carole!
I'm not getting nervous yet, but am trying like crazy to get everything prepared for me to be out of commission for a while. I've taken care of my clothes but next weekend I'll be getting some Zinc and re-stocking my regular multi-vitamin as well as buying up enough protein drinks and powder and other high protein and low sodium foods to have on hand. I have a wonderful husband and a very good mother who will take care of me but I still feel the need to be in control! LOL

Try to think of it like this...your two weeks away from home will be for nothing but rest and recovery! If you were home you might be tempted to overdo it around the house. Don't know about you but if I'm home I feel guilty if I'm not busy doing something. Going to 'LET THAT GO' though for this surgery. It's more invasive than any surgery I've had and I'm determined to do everything within my power to have a wonderful recovery.
You will also have the peace of mind being near your Dr. I think that is a wise choice since you'll be so far away. You'll be fine!

Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

sisichi
on 5/23/09 8:44 am - Manchester, PA
Hi Phyllis, I have been getting things together too. Got the ole stool softener and some clothes. I ordered the New Gel strips off of Ebay, they haven't got here yet but hopefully soon. I am taking all my vits and protein drinks too, I think I will smuggle my magic bullet (blender) into my suitcase, it will make a better shake. Husband is behind me all the way and will take good care of me. I have a lot of pets at home, son is taking care of and that is why I hate to be far from home. They are my "babies" lol.
I also loaded my pre surgery pics on to the site today and that was mind consuming. Are you on for the same day as I am??? Good luck and best wishes, Carole
bamagirlee
on 5/23/09 9:26 am - Phenix City, AL
OH I forgot the stool softner, I need to add that to my list! I have to fur babies and I know how you feel...hate being away from them but sounds like they will be well taken care of. I'm going to stay at my Mom's for a couple of nights at least so that we won't have to board them. They are so used to laying all over me I need to be able to defend myself before I come home! LOL 
My surgery is June 10th so you're ahead of me. I hope you have access to a PC while you're gone so that you can update us!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/09 12:11 am
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/09 11:56 pm
sisichi
on 5/24/09 12:07 am - Manchester, PA
Hey Jodi, You get to go before me hon, I go on the 3rd of June.
I won't have a computer so won't be able to post until I get back after the 16th. I hate being without a puter there. Carole
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/09 12:23 am
sisichi
on 5/24/09 12:39 am - Manchester, PA

Aww Jodi, I like your posts better. If anybody gets curious before I get back you can email Dr. Sauceda, he will respond and tell you how I did. Carole

MelissaF
on 5/24/09 3:15 am - Northwood, IA
ROFLMAO 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active