Home from Face Lift & Arm Lift

PamT
on 5/22/09 10:22 pm - Downey, CA
Surgery for face lift (lower) & arm lift was yesterday, May 22 about 7:30 am. I was told it took about 4 hrs and I slept, slept, slept all afternoon. Nurses would come in and wake me every so often, offering to take me to the restroom or supply ice chips but other than that, I slept. I was not in alot of pain, just very tired.

My husband came to pick me up at 6pm. I had the choice to stay but I wanted to go home. Suprisingly I have very little pain. My head is all wrapped and my face looks quite swollen. The most discomforting is the wrappings, which cover my ears (I don't like that!) and my throat. It feels like a bad sore throat.

My arms are also wrapped from the arm pit to the elbow.  Even wrapped they look smaller! I was really scared about the pain from the arm lift after reading some experiences. I guess I'm lucky. Very little pain. I could use them to get up out of bed (yeah, it hurts alittle), help get dressed, eat, drink, etc. 

Sooo,, so far, so good. I go back into the doctor tths morning to have him change the bandages and check me out.
MelissaF
on 5/23/09 1:13 am - Northwood, IA
Hi!  Maybe Shari will reply to your post - she has had some facial plastic with her eyes and can relate to your post!

I am glad you are doing well and didn't have to stay at the hospital.

I can tell you your throat is sore from the ET tube they put down during surgery to help you breath (airway).  I actually had skin off one side of my throat b/c my surgery was 7 hours, I was sore hoarse.  It will get better tho - warm drinks like tea, coffee, soup, help a lot.

Hang in there, take those pain meds and keep us posted on your progress!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

PamT
on 5/23/09 2:08 pm - Downey, CA
I was so glad too I didn't have to stay in the hospital.  As nice & helpful as they were, I HATE being there.

That sore throat is a killer. I'm tellin' ya! That hurts far worse than the arms or face combined! 
-Mari-
on 5/23/09 11:33 am
I am a week out from my lfl, neck lift. I did not have bruising until day 3, crazy. Day 2 was bad for me "mental" wise. But each day after that was a little better. By day 7 I felt almost 100%. They took out a lot of my stitches day 6, I go back in Tuesday for the rest to come out. You will have something on your ears for awhile, it is a pain.But without all the gauze, it's better. My neck still feels a bit like it has a neck brace on it with the swelling. . I'm glad all went well for you, with having 2 things done you should really great!
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
PamT
on 5/23/09 2:16 pm - Downey, CA
The doctor unwrapped me today to change the bandages and I do have quite a bit of bruising & swelling under my chin. Looks like my arms bled quite a bit but they look good.

Yes, the gauze on the ears is irritating.  Can't wait to get all the wrapping off for good. Yours is all off by now, right? 

Sounds like you are healing really good!  Are you going to post some AFTER pictures?
-Mari-
on 5/24/09 9:52 am
I still have to wear my compression garment. Which is on the ears. I have some after pictures on my site. I need to add more. I am going to a big thing Tuesday so I will take more updated ones. I would love to do my arms, but right now, I'm done with plastics. LOL I can sleep on my sides for short periods of time, I just don't have my ears on any pillow.
Continued good luck.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Jupiter6
on 5/23/09 12:56 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Melissa-- I saw the Bat signal!

I had a lower facelift as well, and upper and lower blepharoplasties, (lower one twice.) My situation was a little different as I didn't have anesthesia, but would be happy to answer anything you think I could help you with! I'll be having my brachioplasty in June with my belly and breasts--- ugh!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

PamT
on 5/23/09 2:20 pm - Downey, CA
Didn't have anesthesia?? OMGosh!!!!!!

I was really concerned about the arm lift and so far, it hasn't been that bad. Very little pain.

I'll be having the belly & breasts in June too.
Jupiter6
on 5/23/09 2:29 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I'm pretty sure my arms are gonna hurt. I have to have a 6 inch wide strip removed-- an awful lot of skin.

Remember your nerves were disconnected-- it might smart a bit when they wake up!

Aw come on, now--- anesthesia is for sissies! ;)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

megameggs
on 5/23/09 10:08 pm - FL
Glad you're not in too much pain! I'm not anymore either... now I realize it's when I had bad swelling that it hurt, but I've been able to keep that under control with lymphatic massages. So glad you came through feeling pretty good!!
Vist my weblog at www.megameggs.wordpress.com

Most Active