Cost of Lower Face Lift?

fairyluver
on 5/22/09 3:09 pm
So I am very much interested in getting a lower face lift before any other plastics, even my TT, because the loose skin under my neck drives me INSANE!

I'm wondering, for those who have had one:

*How much did a LFL cost you?

*Do you think it was worth it?

*What was the recovery time like?

Thank in advance!!

PamT
on 5/23/09 4:02 am - Downey, CA
I saw someone post a link on this forum awhile ago which listed the "average" physician fees. Perhaps someone can supply that link again. But you have to remember---that link is for the physician fees only. It does not include the hospital costs or anesthesia which is quite expensive.

My experience, in checking on the costs of the different types of surgeries,,,,,,

It varies alot according to where you live, where you are having the surgery, the doctor, the hospital, etc. 

My suggestion, get some suggestions from friends, coworkers, neighbors, etc that have had plastics. Call those doctors and go for a few free consultations until you find one you feel comfortable with.

I just had the lower facelift yesterday but it was combined with an arm lift. So I don't know how much the facelift alone would have cost.

This was a second facelift for me. I had one about 12-13 years ago and yes, I LOVED it! Well worth it!!  So much so that now, after weightloss and the aging process of 12-13 years, I was willing to do it again. I had the same plastic surgeon so hopefully he did as good a job as he did last time.

Recovery time. Surgery was at 7:30 am and I was in surgery for 4 hours (but remember,,that was for my arms too). I was home by 6pm. Very little pain last night or today. My throat hurts the worst from the tubes inserted during surgery! 

Pam T
fairyluver
on 5/23/09 4:09 am
Thank you for responding!  And we live fairly close to each other, would you mind sharing who your plastic surgeon is?

PamT
on 5/23/09 8:55 am - Downey, CA
He is Dr Neil Klein, MD, FACS
11480 Brookshire Ave
Downey,CA
562 8618246

I love this guy. He's a straight-shooter,,,tells you like-it-is and not just what you want to hear. VERY nice & patient, listens to you and never makes you feel foolish for asking questions. His  consultation is free and he'll let you know what you need. He'll take lots of pictures and show you where the problems are & what it will look like when he's done. He does GREAT work!

Any other questions feel free to ask me!!
MSHAMO
on 5/23/09 4:05 am, edited 5/23/09 4:06 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I didn't have one, but I did ask my PS. $5,500.00. But that is for a lower face lift, if your neck needs work done also, it was an extra $2,500. Total of  $8,000.00.  Lower face lift will not take care of your neck. That's what my PS said. Good luck!! That cost was to have it done in his office, total cost.
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
fairyluver
on 5/23/09 4:09 am
Thank you for the info!

-Mari-
on 5/23/09 11:25 am
It all depends on your area, etc. I just had a lfl, lipo, neck lift and it was 7,900 for all costs. I am just past a week and I felt almost 100% better by day 7. I even went swimming, below the neck, lol, yesterday. I still get tired, so am taking it a little easy, cannot exercise until week 3, my ps said I'd be pretty swollen for 2 weeks and about 6 weeks for most of the swelling to go down. Most ps have free consults. You can go to makemeheal.com they have a great site for all sorts of plastics. Good luck.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Jupiter6
on 5/23/09 12:49 pm, edited 5/23/09 12:49 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
How much did a LFL cost you?

My lower face lift cost $4000. I chose not to have mine done in an operating room-- I had it done in an office suite without anesthesia, to keep costs down.

*Do you think it was worth it?
Best surgery I have had.  Pics below!

*What was the recovery time like?
Depends how you mean. I think the staples in my head were removed about two weeks out, and the disolvable stitches around the ears took about a month. It was easily 5 weeks before I could sleep on the sides of my head and I still have some tenderness around the ears 6 months post-op.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Most Active