seperation @ scar

jon1970
on 5/22/09 2:51 pm
I had a lbl on 5/11. along my incision in the back there is an area a couple inches long where the skin has seperated and there is a 1/4 inch gap.

My surgeon says this is no big deal. Put on the silver cream, dont bend over and things will be fine.

My wife and I are concerned that the gap will inhibit healing and increase scarring. They did not even put new steri strips on ig.

Any advice and insights are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/09 7:33 pm
MelissaF
on 5/23/09 1:16 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Jon!!

Keep an eye on that separation and keep it clean.  If I were you I would put a guaze over it to keep bugs from getting there but that is just me (I am an RN).  

Also UP UP UP UP that protein.  Add a couple shakes in your day and subsititue for snacks.  You need lots of protein and vitamins right now.  Be sure you are getting well over 100 grams a day and drink lots of water to filter those kidneys.  Lots of raw veggies also for nutrients and you may even consider a zinc supplmenet to help your skin repair some.  Be diligent to your vitamin and protein upping right now, its a must.

If you notice this area becoming red, warm to the touch, discharing, odorus or more painful or getting larger or you have a temperature above 100.5 call your surgeon immediately.

Good luck and hang in there!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active