Confused about pricing for BA/and or BL...help...

bandhope
on 5/21/09 4:26 am - TX
I looked up the national average and it's about 3,850.00 for a BA and about the same or little more for a BL. I found a surgeon in my area that advertised he was within a $1,000 of the national average. However, it said that was for his fee alone. It doesn't include anesthesiologist, hospital fees, surgery facilities fees,  labs, meds, etc. I'm budgeting no more than 5k or 6k max. Am I just getting my hopes up for nothing? I'm hoping to do either one BA or BL. Please help. I don't want to go through all the trouble to only find out my budget is way off and I can't do it. Please help explain this all to me.
Cindy C.
on 5/21/09 4:56 am
If your surgeon has his own surgical suite it is cheaper because you don't have to pay the hospital.  For example, my surgeon charged about $10600 for his fee whi*****luded silicone implants.  The surgery was performed at a surgery center.  All they do is surgery.  It is considered physicain owned.  The surgery center charged about $1600 (included 1 night stay due to TT) and the anesthesiologist charged about $1850.  If I had to deal with a hospital I believe my surgery/stay w/ them would have been much more than $1600.

See my reply to your other post about price.

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

bandhope
on 5/21/09 12:16 pm - TX
Thank you!
Redhaired
on 5/21/09 8:08 am - Mouseville, FL
You are not going to know for sure until you go for a consult.  Prices vary from place to place and facility to facility.

Red

bandhope
on 5/21/09 12:17 pm - TX
I posed the question to get an idea if I was getting my hopes up for nothing. I thought people might chime in on whether or not 5 or 6k was realistic. Thanks.
malynn
on 5/21/09 9:21 am
I had only breast augmentation.  My total cost was 4600 whi*****luded surgeon fee, anesthesiologist, and surgery center fee.  I know that a breast lift with the augmentation is more.  Like the previous poster stated....you will only know for sure if you make an appt for a consult.    Most ps will do a consult for free and quote you a price and you can ask them how long that quote is good for.
bandhope
on 5/21/09 12:19 pm - TX
Awesome news! Do you mind asking me if it was a surgical suite owned by the surgeon? I heard that makes a big difference. Thanks again for the info!
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 12:18 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Not only do the fees vary from Surgeon to Surgeon but so do the anesthesiologist, hospital fees, surgery facilities fees.  When I was searching there was almost a $3,000 difference for the hospital/anesthesiologist fees between the two hospitals by me.  I was shocked!

I would say if you can budget $6k for the Breast work you should be good to go.
Since most surgeons offer a free consultation I'd suggest making some appointments. 
I also found that most of the surgeons I called were able to give me the avg cost for the surgeon and all hospital expenses even before seeing me.  Of course your price might change a little once the Dr sees you but I found the phone quotes to be pretty darn close to the final quote (some were even a little less).

Good Luck!!
Ruth
bandhope
on 5/21/09 12:21 pm - TX
Ruth,

Great information!!! Thanks so much for the information. This truly helps me!!! I sure appreciate you!! Best wishes to you.
H.A.L.A B.
on 5/22/09 1:17 am
I just have BL. Did not needed implants. But the surgery was extensive.  There was a lot of skin removed, and shaping. The total cost: ~5300,  and that included all + follow up appointments.  No overnight stay, surgery in a surgery center, but owned by a Hospital system in my area.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active