All Stitched Up! (Follow Up Post) (Now with PICTURES!!)

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 1:38 pm - Los Angeles, CA
You're a sweetheart. First time anyone's called me responsible!!

I'm glad it went properly too. I feel SO much better phsyically, even with the pain from the surgery, now that my body gets to keep it's fluid! It's tender, like a good piece of meat.

And now, Charming - I expect a phone call. End of story. You can't tell me I'm a reference and NOT call me!
iso: a job!
on 5/21/09 1:54 pm - Jamestown, NC
Oh pshah! You have your moments...days... but you're generally a responsible girl. And although you probably should have gone home sooner, the wound packing jobs you did must have been well done (and done timely/responsibly) to have it stay clean and uninfected.
Highest ('06): 375 Pre-Surgery: 322 Current (11/5): 215 Goal: 150?
i'm a blogger!

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 1:57 pm - Los Angeles, CA
I'm totally proud I didn't get infected, LOL! It sure could have EASILY. One bad hand washing job and that would've been it.

Responsibility? That's how I got in 134.5 gms of protein today! WHOOOOO!
iso: a job!
on 5/21/09 2:00 pm - Jamestown, NC
No joke! I sure as hell know from my diabetes history how easy a wound can get infected, esp at that size. And GO you on the protein!!!
Highest ('06): 375 Pre-Surgery: 322 Current (11/5): 215 Goal: 150?
i'm a blogger!

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/09 11:58 am
Shira, following up on a wound like this and taking care of yourself?  RESPONSIBLE.

Warning others that this can happen to anyone else, too?  RESPONSIBLE!

Taking care of yourself so that you can, in turn, take care of others?  COMPLETELY TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE.

You will become what you say you are.  Quit calling yourself irresponsible.  First of all, it's not true, so you're making yourself a liar.  Second of all, aspire to be what you are MEANT to be, which is a better and better version of who you already are.  You're going to be totally taking the world by the balls and making it scream for mercy.  

The sooner you admit that you are already responsible and powerful, the better off the world will be.

Really, I'm always right about things like this.

Speaking of responsibility, I have to wait until the end of the school year for social engagements, and then I really want to go to lunch with you and see what's shakin'.  I promise.  At the end of June.

Sound like a (vague) plan?

I'm so very glad you're on the mend.  Please, please, please keep letting us know how you're doing.  I may not be a predictable correspondent, but I've been following your postings fairly regularly.

wendybear1
on 6/10/09 10:39 am - Brooklyn, NY
I agree totally with you on this, Charming!

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 9:15 pm
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/09 10:28 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congrats on getting "repaired".  Now just get plenty of rest (and protein) and recover.

Best wishes,
Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/09 6:38 pm
dreamseeker
on 6/11/09 5:10 am
I am so glad to see that you are all sewn up and on the mend.

I am glad I read this thread as my belly button is healing super slowly and is still very much open after 4 weeks.  I am going to try and up my protein even more than I have. 

Cheers to you... Hoping your healing from this is very speedy and you have no more issues.

Marnie 

Most Active