All Stitched Up! (Follow Up Post) (Now with PICTURES!!)

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 2:09 am, edited 5/22/09 4:51 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Guys,

I posted yesterday (?) about the big ass hole in my hip. You guys were all supportive and thank you so much.

Yesterday I went in for repairs. Took about 45 mins in the OR, woke up 15 minutes. All in all, including driving, it took 2 hours. I also live close, phew!

So it doesn't look pretty. Next time I change dressings, I'll take a pic, but after all the dressing changes I had to make LAST week, I'm avoiding them until necessary (i.e. infection or drainage).

Already, it's SO much better. I have a tiny amount of drainage, and I still have a small hole on my left hip.

Texting Dr. Aboolian went like this:

Me: Hi, feeling okay, I still have a pencil-eraser size hole in my hip. Will that be okay?

Dr. Aboolian: Yes, I left it there, it will heal on it's own.

Five minutes later, I got a phone call. Just to check up. I'm doing good, pain is minimal (but yay Vicodin if I need it!). I'm trying "Arnica". My nurse recommended it. I don't put any stock in homepoathy, but hey, I'll give it a whirl.

After my surgery he comes in "10 hours of work...*sigh*, but it's a risk". He said this with a smile, not a groan. He just takes pride in what he does (which is definitely a good thing). So I got a fun complication.

Now, I rest. My least favorite thing EVER. But I'll do it.....

Edit: And I'm having at LEAST two protein shakes today PLUS food. Where is this supposed to GO in my pouchy?!

Here's my new hip, MUCH better than the before, I'll tell ya!

Photobucket

bradshaw0506
on 5/21/09 2:28 am - Chicago, IL
Fantastic news!

I'm so happy you're put back together again.  That must have been horrific for you.

I MY DS!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 2:32 am - Los Angeles, CA
Looking at your sig...you just got new Boobies? YAY! I get mine June 17th!

I wouldn't say...wait yeah, totally horrific. But I had to deal with it, and I knew as long as it wasn't blood, pus, or bright green, I'd be okay :D.
bradshaw0506
on 5/21/09 2:57 am - Chicago, IL
Yep, new bewbies.  I'm seriously in love with them!

Bright green probably would have freaked me out the most but still.  I'm glad you made that post too, we can't look at plastics through rose colored glasses.  Yeah we suffer through recovery but other things can and do happen whether it's the surgeon's fault, our fault, no one's fault.  Never rule anything out when it comes to surgery.

Much love sister!

I MY DS!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 3:22 am - Los Angeles, CA
Well, I got green-ish, but nothing major.

I don't look at anything through rose colored glasses.I mean, we all do to one extent or another, but we have to be cognizant.

It's no one's fault, but there is a small chance that my low eating might have affected it. But still, it's a 3-4% complication rate, and it's not like I wasn't EATING, just not enough.

Never rule anything out, it's important!
DS Facts
on 5/21/09 9:14 am
Wonderful to hear you are all stiched up and great job on the protein!

Bev
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 9:20 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thanks so much Bev. Working HARD on the protein, but I also need to work hard on the FOOD, too!
MSHAMO
on 5/21/09 12:09 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Thanks for letting us know that all is well, you're prvious post had us all worried!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 1:23 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Wasn't supposed to worry, sorry!

But I'm a bit tender, but I feel a million times better now that I'm not draining like I was!
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 1:34 pm
Shira,

Truly, you have been very much in my thoughts.  I think you handled this beautifully, responsibly, and with great character.

I am so glad to hear that you are healing well, and that the repair went properly.  And thank you, thank you, thank you for your immediate follow-up to let us all know that things are going as they should.

Godspeed!

Most Active