When can I go braless?

Cindy C.
on 5/21/09 4:00 am
I had TT and BL w/ Augmentation on 4/27.  My surgeon had me start wearing a regular bra the day after surgery.  When it is ok to go braless?  When can I sleep w/o a bra?  It is ok to sleep w/o a bra ALL the time?

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

MyQnA
on 5/21/09 6:43 am
Hi Cindy,

Great question (my surgery 04/28)  I have been wearing a very restrictive sports bra since day 7 post op.  I cam home with tape only no binder for my breasts or anything like that.  I am quite content to wear a bra all day and night except every three days I have been going without it because of pain.  I have no clue if this is right or wrong.  Just what I am doing and didn't even think about it.  Hope I am not messing something up.

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

DrL
on 5/21/09 7:18 am - Houston, TX
What does your doc say?

I vary widely in my recommendations depending on how much I want the implants to stay put, not drop, or whatever the individual case may be.
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
malynn
on 5/21/09 9:25 am
Definitely ask your doctor.  They should have told you how long to wear it or when you can go without.  I know for me personally. I felt better with the sports bra on when I slept.  BUT  I should have slept in mine alot longer because my breasts dropped ALOT.  I had gel implants, which are heavier and they dropped dropped dropped.
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 11:53 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
It's best to ask your surgeon....they all have their preference.  For me.........I wore a sports bra for the first 2 months....pretty much 24 hrs a day.  Once I was in a "regular" bra I did walk the house for a couple hours bra less a couple days a week but still slept in the sports bra.  Frankly I felt more comfortable sleeping the bra (sense of security). 
It's probably irrational but I was worried about the boobs stretching and sagging again so I kept them hoisted up most of the time. 

Give the surgeon a call......I'm sure his/her PA can answer your question...

Ruth

tazfan
on 5/21/09 1:21 pm
Check with your surgeon.  I was in a regular bra the day after surgery, slept in it for 3 months.  It is still uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach.  Before my breast aug. I slept on my stomach most of the time, now I sleep mostly on my sides.
megameggs
on 5/21/09 11:45 pm - FL
I had BL w/. Augmentation 5/5, and I'm to wear a sports bra for 4 weeks and then I can wear a regular underwire bra. I plan to sleep in a sports bra or shelf bra tank top from here on out, but I always have. I don't want the girls to move at all!
Vist my weblog at www.megameggs.wordpress.com

Most Active