My PS Consult Today

tonjasm
on 5/20/09 11:09 am - Edmond, OK
It was so completely aweful!  And an absolute waste of $50!

This doctor that is in the OKC area...

Had the most difficult time making eye contact with me.
He kept picking at his nails instead of looking at me.
He would not let me look at pictures of his wls tummy tuck patients unless I set my surgery date and paid a $500 deposit.
The price that I was quoted was completely outrageous for this area.

So, I am glad that I have other consults set up so I can find the right surgeon for me!

Tonja
MelissaF
on 5/20/09 11:36 am - Northwood, IA
At least it was only 50 bucks, assuming that was a copy? If not thats REALLY cheap for a consult.

I am with you.. NEXT!  You just know who the right one is... he apparently isn't "the one."

Glad you have others to go to.

Keep your chin up and keep us posted.  You will find your "artist". 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Tanya L.
on 5/20/09 12:00 pm - Lewiston, ME
It sounds terrible.  What kind of surgeon wouldn't show pictures of their work unless you book a surgery...ridiculous!  Good luck with your other consults.

17 of total pounds lost before surgery

Redhaired
on 5/20/09 11:36 pm - Mouseville, FL
WOW.  That is terrible.  Just be glad you found out now instead of after paying a huge sum of money.  I pity those that are uninformed and think this is the way consults usually go.

Red

tonjasm
on 5/21/09 10:27 am - Edmond, OK
I have my second consult tomorrow.  I am rather excited about it and hope it is the one that actually will work out.  I've been told really great stuff about this surgeon and he is suppose to be a really awesome person.  I will also have three more consults within the next two months.  I want to make sure that I really cover everything and go with the best surgeon.
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 12:11 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
YIKES, sounds dreadful!  Keep looking.......
You'll know when you find one you feel comfortable with.
Best wishes
Ruth
tonjasm
on 5/22/09 10:18 am - Edmond, OK
I had my second consult today.  This is the surgeon from Florida who was in Oklahoma to visit his daughter.  He is a very friendly man.  I did like his personality.  I do not know the price yet.  I will probably find that out next week.  I still have a few more consults scheduled over the next several weeks.  I'm really wanting to get a good idea on what is available in my area.  With the surgeon from Florida, I am curious if he would take off enough fat in my abdominal area.  If I am going to pay the money, I want it to look good.  I want rid of as much excess that I can while still looking normal/natural.  This surgeon talked about doing some light lipo and then cutting/trimming out the fat from my upper abdominal area.  I have not read about the fat being "cut or trimmed away".  Have any of you experienced that?  I'd love to hear what you thought.

Thanks!
Most Active