ArmLlift

amystone
on 5/20/09 10:32 am

Does anybody have any arm list pics to share?
I would love to get rid of the loose skin, but it looks like it would leave a really bad scar.

~Amy~

DEBI R.
on 5/20/09 4:56 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I have some on my profilfe, I'm not really happy with my arms though and would like to have a revison in the near future around my elbows.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

doreenh
on 5/20/09 8:20 pm, edited 5/20/09 8:38 pm - Meredith, NH
Unfortunately there is no way to get the arms done without a scar.  You have to be realistic about the outcome.  My Dr kept telling me,I think every 5 minutes, that this is going to leave a huge scar, during my pre-op visits. I had mine done almost 2 weeks ago and the incision goes from my elbow to the sides of my breast.  It's on the underside and the only time people are going to notice is if I lift my arms.  A couple of the ladies in my support group had it done a few years ago, the scars are faded and you don't notice unless you're looking or really close to them.
The skin on my arms bothered me before the loss of weight and now it disgusted me and I wouldn't wear anything less than 3/4 sleeves. For me the decision was easy the skin was worse than scars.
Good luck with your decision
Doreen

PS-I do have some before and afters on my profile-I'm still taped up but I love it!

Maria C.
on 5/21/09 3:03 am - KY
Actually, there's a mini arm lift, which might work for someone who doesn't have a ton of skin to be removed.  It leaves a scar in the armpit only.

HW 246    SW 243     CW - below goal    GW 139     Height 5'3"
Redhaired
on 5/20/09 11:19 pm, edited 5/20/09 11:20 pm - Mouseville, FL
I am with Doreen, for me the hanging skin is far worse than having the scars.  I have high hopes in time the scars will not be noticeable -- but the hanging skin would always be there.

Red

ETA:

Here are some pics.  The after pics were taken just a few weeks after surgery so the scars were still a little red.  They have faded nicely and I expect by this time next year will be barely visible.

armsfrontview.jpg image by redhairedflgirl PICT0118.jpg image by redhairedflgirl
post-oparms005.jpg arms from the back image by redhairedflgirl

post-oparms004-1.jpg image by redhairedflgirl

BigCityGirl
on 5/21/09 12:45 am - San Diego, CA
You can see my scar on one of my PostOp photos on my profile.  I wear short sleeves and sleeveless clohing routinely now and I'm fine with it.  Without the brachioplasty I would not be wearing short sleeves much less sleeveless clothing so I consider it a big gain.  I have a very public job and I'm sure some folks notice my scars but so far no one has ever commented on it.  I think the tradeoff was worth it.  I thought long and hard on this surgery before I decided to proceed and I'm happy with my decision.  That said, I had a small revision done eight months after the original surgery and that made a huge difference in the result.  The best of luck with your decision.  Donna
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
JoniKspring07
on 5/21/09 12:47 am - onaway, MI

I also have before and after pics on my profile.  I couldn't be happier. I am a 53 so I didn't feel the need to go too tight but now I can wear any kind of sleeve I want!  Make sure you and your doctor are on the same page about scar placement.  Like the other ladies said, I'll take a scar over the bat wings any day.

Good luck on your decision.

Joni

bwcakrysta
on 5/21/09 8:34 am - MN
I have before and after pics on my profile.  I am happy so far with the results, but may decide to have a revision on one of my elbows at some point.

Krysta
Most Active