recovery suggestions

Nicole P.
on 5/20/09 7:03 am - NH
I am going in 2 1/2 weeks to have my tummy tuck, BL/BA and lipo so love handles.  I wondered if you all had any tricks up your sleeves for a more comfortable recovery?

Thanks!!!

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

Melissa M.
on 5/20/09 10:42 am - Seabrook, TX
I would get a lift chair and a bed wedge pillow.  I bought mine at a medical supply store.  They have some at Bed Bath and Beyond but I found the ones at the supply store to be more firm and thicker so you're elevated a little higher.  I also got a toilet seat riser and even a walker (not sure if I'll need that one though but thought it would be good to hold on to it if needed).

Good luck,
Melissa
tcnaegele
on 5/20/09 8:14 pm - madison, IN
definatly a toilet seat riser, there about 20 bucks at walmart, i found it easier to sleep in a recliner than the bed, ice packs.
cbhjr98
on 5/20/09 9:42 pm
I agree with the ice packs - enough to rotate them with. I also got the waterproof pads for the bed (the one with the soft cloth side with the vinal back that you dont feel) because 1) the little bit of leakage around the wounds that the banadages might not catch, 2**** packs can cause little damp spots as they thaw out - lol.

My boyfriend says he's going to buy me a bell to ring him with for the next surgery - LOL.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
MSHAMO
on 5/20/09 11:49 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
My biggest tip is to get your drains under control from the beginning. I went for two weeks before I decided to stick them all in a baggie and pin them to my binder so I didn't have to carry them around with me. Make sure you strip your drains (I was told to empty them, but not told about stripping them).  Make sure you have someone to wait on you, hand & foot!! haha. Good luck, you will love all of your improvements!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Nicole P.
on 5/21/09 4:00 am - NH
thank you all..I am so scared and nervous!

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

MyQnA
on 5/21/09 7:10 am
Hi and congrats,

I would recommend this device I bought for about 20 bucks "Freshette" great for well urinating anywhere anytime not sitting just standing.  Google it!  Also Tank top style T shirts under my binder.  Great tip I got off the board here.

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Most Active