5 days post lower bleph re-do (pics)

Jupiter6
on 5/20/09 12:10 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ

Two hours after surgery

Two days after surgery  (got worse after this!)

Five days after, starting to heal, finally! Still some swell hell in the lids, but the chemosis (blister under my conjunctiva) is finally going down a little. I am going to have scar tissue in the outer corners, though. But the undereye bags, knock wood, still look better...hope that's not just the swelling! (I love it when my face is swollen-- it looks all plump and healthy!)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

MyLady Heidi
on 5/20/09 1:07 pm
I have followed your procedures and pictures and I honestly hope and pray this works, its painful to view that stuff in your eyes, my grandmother had detached retina's when I was young and I remember seeing stitches floating around in her eyes when I had to help her put the salve in.  So eye issues freak me out big time, you are one brave girl, I don't think I could have done this, although I understand why you wanted it gone.  Believe me I feel the same way about the saggy part of my neck, its all I see when I look at my face, but I guess I just need to live with it.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Hugs Heidi
WendieS
on 5/21/09 12:53 am - Birmingham, AL
Ive been waiting for this update! thanks for posting your pics.
you arelooking much better, the undereyes are looking great. I really cant wait to see the final outcome. How long will it be before you can tell what the final outcome will be?

Quade born July 6!!!! 
easter09040-1.jpg picture by wendiesmi

Jupiter6
on 5/21/09 2:14 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Several months. My facial plastics from December still hurt and are still swollen: I get steroid shots occasionally behind my ears still.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

MelissaF
on 5/21/09 12:55 am - Northwood, IA
YAY shari... lookin' ver healthy so far... keeping fingers crossed for u!!

How are You feeling energy wise, pain wise now?
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Jupiter6
on 5/21/09 2:17 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Energy's good but I tired at night-- which is fine, I have always stayed up too late. I have been walking-- slowly, 2 1/2 miles a day-- I am not supposed to, but the weather's been so nice and I have a very "move it or lose it" philosophy about that stuff.

Which reminds me-- June 25th's my trio of fun plastics-- breasts, arms and abdominoplasty (anchor.) Give me a timeline based on where you've been so far....how long until I can leave my mom's care and go home (she's in VA, I'm in NJ) and recuperate there, ya think? How long until you could walk upright? How long until you can go for a long walk?

Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 

MelissaF
on 5/21/09 2:32 am - Northwood, IA
Wow thats is coming up fast!!

Well you know my feeling on arms and TT at the same time - cannot fathum.  So honestly my experience may not reflect yours.. yours could be easier or harder b/c we aren't comparing apples to apples at all.  Me circumfrential cut with no anchor - you front side prob hip to hip? and arms... breasts too... but here is my experience in a nutshell.

Walking upright... i was upright in a week.. but im an odd duck they say.  Drains out on day 8, normally in 2-3 weeks.  Coulda came out on day 5.  Pain excruciating first 36 hours b/c i got nothing IV for pain, just PO.  Not sure why.  Got a small dose of IV valium took the edge off the muscle tension and been getting up on my own since.. using my arms though.  Big time use of my arms.

My surgeon's timeline for activity with LBL:

1 - 2 weeks walking every 15 mins. laps around the house.

after 2 weeks - walking not to break a sweat.

after 3 weeks to 6 weeks - walking to break a sweat.  

(I finally got my stanima back to walk two miles starting the day before yesterday).

after 6 weeks advance as tolerated back to preop regimen both gym and work.

Listen to your body though over all he says.

Hmmm as far as your mom's I am just not sure what to say.. I would plan for 2 weeks.  You have a high pain tolerance too so its really so individualized. My biggest concern is arms/TT at same time.. b/c u usually depend on one or the other to help aid you in your recovery and it seems some have had it done just fine.  

Not sure if this helps u are not? I feel more like my normal self at 3 weeks out... not 100% but damn better.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Jupiter6
on 5/21/09 2:51 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ

Just trying to get a sense for how I can structure my summer. If I am in VA June 25 I guess to be conservative I will plan to stay about a month. Then I will have a month at home to seal the deal, and back at work after 9 weeks. I pray that's enough.

(If the surgery doesn't kill me,  my stepdad might ;)

My cuts'll be different, I know. The belly will be hip to hip, but also reopening the old scar (from my emergency bowel deal) from sternum to pubis. I think it's a horrible amount of work to do at once, but I have to take advantage of the holidays I have-- my bowel issues wiped out my sick time.

I also already have planned for revisions over Xmas/Thanksgiving (how's THAT fo rlack of faith?) and if there's money, my lower body next summer.

Then may I PLEASE be excused? I am exhausted. I want to go full out: exercise, work out, but it's start-stop, start-stop, etc. GAH!

13 surgeries, starting with RNY. "The easy way out."

Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 

MelissaF
on 5/21/09 7:10 am - Northwood, IA
Yea, no joke girl, you have totally paid your dues.  Time to MOVE ON with life. Good luck!
Hugs, Melissa 

jakes_mom03
on 5/21/09 1:42 am - Canada
Shari, The chemosis is looking WAY better.  I am so like you.  My face looks so much better with a little fat or swelling.  I tend to look drawn out and yes I will say it.... old when it is too thin.  I am impressed with the difference 5 days has made.  You must be a good healer!
Shelley

Most Active