6 weeks and still in a binder

JoniKspring07
on 5/20/09 4:04 am - onaway, MI
Hi everyone,

I had a tt and bl on 4/8. Overall I am very happy with the outcome. I still have to wear a binder though because of fluid build up. It started after he took the drains out.  I had them in for 4 weeks and they were putting out less than 30cc in 24 hours.  The first week he took out 65cc and this week he took out 60cc. So the binder stays on.
Anyone else have this experience?  What's the longest your dr made you wear the binder?

Thanks,

Joni

islander
on 5/20/09 4:13 am - Middletown, RI
As I recall it was only 2-3 wks.

Try a body controller- bra & panties with some compression.  I bought 2 cheaply at Marshall's/T.J.MAxx.  Works well.  I still have swelling after 3 mos. & this helps.  Somtimes I just wear compression tops that go to hip line.  Helps but not quite as effective as the former.

MSHAMO
on 5/20/09 6:27 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I don't HAVE to wear my binder, but after 12 weeks, I still like the support. I have a SPANX but it doesn't have the right support in the right place. I had an extended TT with a  lot of muscle repair done and repair to a baseball size umbilical hernia. And lipo, so I just like the support. Good luck!! 
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
cleos_mom
on 5/20/09 6:36 am - phila., PA
I had the very same problem. i had my TT on 12/12 and he said I could stop wearing the binder, then I had a butt lift on 3/30 so back to the binder I wera a compression garment I bought on line & I love it there is so much compression and my swelling wasn't to bad with the butt lift, I don't have to wear it except for when I excercise & I am doing heavy lifting, but I enjoy it and I wear it to bed, I will probably wear it up to a year I hear the more you wear it the better the resukts and I am so pleased with my new belly & body
DEBI R.
on 5/20/09 5:43 pm, edited 5/20/09 5:43 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Hi Joni,

I still wear my binder when I sleep and wear a panty girdle/shaper during the day. I feel funny without them I still have alot of tightness.

I'm sorry you're still having fluid build up, I hope it ends soon.
Debi

EDITED: I forgot to add I'm 6 weeks post op now

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Tee M.
on 5/20/09 11:03 pm - CT
I'm 12 weeks today and still wear an body contour piece every day.  Found great ones at Kohl's that look like tank tops or cap sleeved tops so they can be used for summer.  The longer you wear them the better the end result.  You just don't have to keep the hospital type on if you can find one that works for you and is comfortable

Tee

Why is it we all know how to use our tool, but refuse to do it?

Most Active