UNHAPPY ABOUT ARM LIFT

ANGIE934
on 5/20/09 5:18 am
HI, IT'S ME AGAIN I AM STILL UNHAPPY ABOUT  MY ARM LIFT. I STILL HAVE FLAB HANGING IS THAT NORMAL? IS  IT STILL TO EARLY FOR ME TO SEE WHAT MY ARM ARE GOING TO LOOK LIKE. I HAVE BEEN LIFTING WEIGHT JUST 2 OR 4 POUNDS TO TRY ANS HELP GET THE FLAB FROM HANG, BUT IT IS NOT WORK . I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
Susan S.
on 5/20/09 7:35 am - Roselle, NJ
 Lifting weights will help with muscle contour - but eventually you wlll have to increase weight to challenge those muscles - and no matter how much you improve the structure of your underlying muscles - hanging skin/flab is not going to change.  I don't know when you had your surgery - if it's been in recent months - you have to wait to see how they will look - but if it's been over a year - the only real solution is revision.    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

ANGIE934
on 5/20/09 8:06 am
THANK YOU SUSAN, I HAD MY SURGERY ON3/16/09.
Susan S.
on 5/20/09 8:11 am - Roselle, NJ
 Angie - that's still pretty recent - ideally you should wait at least six months to see final swelling etc. - did  you wear compression for at least 6 weeks - the longer the better......before you make any final judgements..........keep working out as improving the muscles will only help.....and at six months out schedule an appointment with your surgeon to talk about your outcome.   All surgeons want their patients to be happy.    I"ve learned with brachioplasty - most surgeons err on the side of not removing too much tissue (making the arms too tight and possibly non-functional) so it's not unusual to wish they had removed more.  My surgeon seemed to have done mine just right - with my thigh lift I wish he had taken just a bit more - but I understood he was most concerned about healing and function over all other concerns.   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Most Active