When Good Surgery Happens To Good People...who still get complications (Graphic...

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/09 4:06 pm - Los Angeles, CA
I'll make it alive! Thanks for the reassurance.

I had some debridement in New York, good story.

I go in to see the guy who's been doing doing my followup in NY ****il recently I'd been living there), and you know how follow ups are. Feel the abdomen, check on eating, weigh in, and give blood tests.

I just waltzed in, stripped,and asked if he could fix me, please. Not a happy doctor. But YAY for the Hippocratic Oath, he has to help me :D.

So I've been debrided already, so tomorrow we just sew me all up together. If the scar isn't perfect, he'll revise it (we discussed that possibility). I'm grateful, I live close to Dr. Aboolian, so I can pop in for these things.

So I'll take it easy for a few days (okay, a week, MAYBE 2), and I should be good. Thanks for the reassurance! So scary when it happens!
Redhaired
on 5/19/09 11:45 pm - Mouseville, FL
Ouchie.  I hope it goes well for you and that they get it closed and it stays closed this time.  I have to say you have a great attitude. Which I am sure is due in large part to the fact that you have confidence in your surgeon.  It is easy to get the poor me's, if you do not have faith in your surgeon.  Yep. stuff happens sometimes for no apparent reason.  Good luck.

Red

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/09 12:51 am - Los Angeles, CA
It will stay closed, darnnit! The little hole (I have a matching one on my left hip) is caused by a suture poking through and then the absorbable suture cannot be absorbed and your body goes, quite subtly (not), WTF?

I have every confidence in my surgeon. I was in New York when all this got reallly bad (I live in LA), and I could have just taken the next flight home like most normal, draining, people. But I told my Mom, "What, like Dr. Aboolian's gonna see me on a WEEKEND?".

"Shira, if he heard that, he'd be INSULTED".

So yes, I have a good relationship and the utmost confidence in my surgeon and that helps. You can curse my mother, my father, tell me I can't cook well and degrade me to hell - but don't insult my surgeon.  

Thanks, Red!
Redhaired
on 5/20/09 12:53 am - Mouseville, FL
I feel the same way about my team of plastic surgeons!!!!!!

Kelly V.
on 5/20/09 12:19 am - Galion, OH
OMG, my thoughts are with you.  Hang in there!! 
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/09 12:51 am - Los Angeles, CA
So far so good, thanks!
happy girl
on 5/20/09 3:47 am
oh Shira I am so sorry you have to deal with this.  I have a bunch of dime size holes in my thigh incisions and one on the T of my anchor cut and that was getting me down...I will try and not be as depressed as now I really know it could be worse

My PS has me uping my protein and back on my iron as I am anemic again.

my best to you!!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/09 3:50 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thanks! Yeah, I'm upping the protein like WHOA (and calories in general).

I think once they sew me up I'll stop being anemic. Ya know, 'cause I'll stop losing bodily fluid.

Good luck to you too!
Melissa M.
on 5/20/09 6:52 am - Seabrook, TX
Wow, you were doing so well too!!   Thanks for sharing and keeping us informed of the complications that can arise.  I'm sure everything will heal just fine after your surgery!

Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/09 7:13 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Melissa,

I plan on being just fine!
Most Active