Bypass doc doing tummy tuck??

ericas623
on 5/19/09 3:59 am - Roseville, MI
I spoke with my GB doc today, it was for a check up.  I asked when I could start looking into a tummy tuck.  He said now.  He then said he does them.  I was like what.  I didn't know that.  Then he said he does panni removals.  I said I wanted a tummy tuck with muscle tightening.  He said he does those too, but not as many.  He said its the same thing only with muscle tightening.  I told him that I don't want any staples.  He said he doesn't use them.  I mean I didn't want to offend him, I just don't know about that.  I mean I trust him whole heartedly.  I just don't know.

Has anyone gone thru the same doc as gastric bypass and tummy tuck?

Thanks,

Erica
Redhaired
on 5/19/09 4:36 am - Mouseville, FL
I know that my surgeon sometimes does a panni removal prior to WLS to make the surgery easier; but that is a whole different kettle of fish.  I would ask if you can talk to someone he has actually done the surgery on.  But for me I would want a board certified plastic surgeon.

Red

MSHAMO
on 5/19/09 5:05 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I know my WLS surgeon used to do TT's, but he said that he doesn't have time anymore. Good luck, you will love a TT.
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
jakes_mom03
on 5/19/09 8:53 am - Canada
My surgeon just removed my panni on Thursady for free of charge.  If I had to have paid I probably would have shopped around.  I am happy with the results.
Shelley

DrL
on 5/19/09 8:55 am, edited 5/19/09 1:55 pm - Houston, TX
Be sure and see plenty of before and after pics whoever you decide to see.  I personally think this kind of work is best done by someone formally trained and boarded in plastic surgery.
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
progers37
on 5/19/09 9:05 am - Eastman, GA
I am a patient who is a 4 yrs out from my bypass and 2 yrs out from my tummy tuck. Both surgeries performed by the same doctor. I could not be more happy with the results of both surgeries. My surgeon like your own does not do very many tummy tucks so I was honored and very excited when he told me he could do mine if I wanted. I have to say I have had many compliments on his work. I am now looking at having my backside and my thighs done. I have spoken with him about doing them as well. I would put his work up against any plastic surgeons any day of the week. I say do not rule out any dr because he doesn't have the PS title attached to his name. You could be pleasantly surprised at the work they can do. Whoever and whatever you decide to do my best wishes are with you.
cleos_mom
on 5/19/09 11:21 am - phila., PA
I would want to see some of his work,
would you let your PS do your Gastric bypass?
gypsywoman6789
on 5/20/09 11:17 pm - Hudson, NH
I've been emailing a woman on these boards who also had her GB doc do her panni.  When she first mentioned it I was shocked and encouraged her to look around and make sure she was really comfortable having him do this.  I told her I wouldn't want a cardiac surgeon doing my brain surgery, know what I mean?  Also, I don't believe her GB doc was certified in PS so she better think carefully about her choice. 

She had her surgery just recently and emailed to say she was so happy that she had it done.  And I am glad for her, but I would caution anyone who is going to someone other than a  board certified PS to think really carefully about their choice.

Ask him for before and afters, lots of them, find out how many of these surgeries he has actually done and how often.  Don't feel pressured to go with him just because he is your GB surgeon.  I mean maybe he can give you a great deal b/c he was your surgeon but its only a great deal if you love the results.  The lowest price isn't always the best choice.
Jobsies
on 5/21/09 9:03 pm - Pitman, NJ
I would have my surgeon do any surgery on me...including brain surgery.  He's that good.

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

okiepetra
on 5/24/09 12:00 pm - Lawton, OK
My gastric doctor did mine also, I had complete trust in him, maybe even more that any plastic one...

Most Active