Surgery and Love Life

sisichi
on 5/18/09 5:08 am - Manchester, PA
Hi, Not wanting to sound risque, however I am curious how the surgeries that people have had has influenced their love life? I mean like, can you stand to be touched or is the scars too sore? I am sort of worried about being a big cry baby when dh tries to woo me. I am pre op and am hoping this will not ruin my dh life. Thanks, Carole
cleos_mom
on 5/18/09 9:33 am - phila., PA
at first it feels weird especially if you are getting your belly done but it doesn't last long. my scars are not sore just feel a funny sensation but you get used to it.. actulayy since my TT everything is much much better cause I can move better and the belly is not in the way
bamagirlee
on 5/18/09 10:23 am - Phenix City, AL

Hey Carole!
I'm so glad you asked this! It's so funny because I was wondering the very same thing last night, and really more specifically how different things will be, sex and just life in general! I cannot imagine how life without this panni will be, and will I even feel like it's me, and will I forever be looking in the mirror to be sure it's still gone! LOL
I know all this sounds silly, but I have always dreamed of having a normal looking body/belly but I really never though it would happen. I know I'm all over the place with my post here but that's about where my mind goes when I start thinking about the changes. 
I'm glad there are others on here who are going through the same things. 

Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

mpafford
on 5/18/09 11:58 pm - TX
Carole,

I had LBL last summer, and for the first 4 weeks NADA. But I had my drains. Well once they came out, so did my beast!
The first few times were tricky, but after that, I could not get enough! My hubby thought the PS did something to me, as I was after my hubby all the time!
Even after loosing all that weight I was still shy.
I had never been comfortable being naked TILL this surgery. Now I feel like a real woman

Good Luck,
Montie
sisichi
on 5/19/09 5:16 am - Manchester, PA
Thanks all who answered. I really had concerns over this as I would not want a problem at home. I think by the sound of it, after maybe 3 months things should be good again. I will just take it one day at a time and hope for the best, thanks, Carole
bradshaw0506
on 5/19/09 5:42 am - Chicago, IL
Listen.  I just had my LBL w/ thighs & boobs 2 weeks ago and I"m counting down the days!!!  My drains were out last week but I'm not ready for any action just yet.  2 weeks from now...I'll probably be a maniac!

I MY DS!!!

Most Active