Update On Me :) and Poll for those who had LBL

cleos_mom
on 5/18/09 10:05 pm - phila., PA

How many weeks out are you?
the more you move the moreyou can swell and you will have more fluid build up. with your job you can't do anylifting for like 6-8 weeks. I didn't p/u my grandson for 8 weeks cause he is 25lbs. I like my garment tight it keeps the swelling down and the incisions flat,with my olive skin color I can get keloids but my incisions are beautiful check out my pix. about the BB I don'tknow why thatfatcomes out but f is better out then in my PS told me cause I thought it was puss and I hear about people getting infections in  their BB and your BB can die. It is so good to be back to normal except for some swellling and the numbness I guess I am getting used to that, and then I will have my arms done in December, going to give the body a rest from stress & anesthesia, actually I like to go to the beach and the sun and the water and I can't do that with new incisions besides  need time from the anesthesia.
start walking ore little more every day cause you are on your feel a lot in 12 hr shift. I was able to do 5 miles 3 x a week but haven't done it it in a while, so now I am working back up to it, I am up to 2 miles,it seems like it is taking forever

Good Luck when you go back to work

MelissaF
on 5/19/09 12:21 am - Northwood, IA
I am 3 weeks out.  I go back to floor nursing after 6.5 weeks off with no restrictions at all unless he tells me otherwise at my 6 week appointment on June 8th.  I will ask him then.  I pull heavy ppl up in bed with assistance of another staff member, bend a lot etc, it will be interesting but I have to go back so what do you do? I will be wearing my garment for sure.  

I am glad your surgeon said the yellow "fatty" piece is normal, I still don't understand why it gets on the outter side like that if that is what it is.  It isn't oozing or causing any drainage just looks weird and is only at the base inside of the BB.  

Your pictures look fantastic!! Good for you, hope you are happy with your results, you should be!!

Wish I could afford to do more plastics like you but we cannot at this time.  I also can't take more time off of work, if only I didn't have to work and was rich LOL.  I am glad I have a job though, wow this day in age, ya gotta be.  We had an emerg meeting yesterday (i could not attend b/c I am on leave) about "change in compensation and benefits".  I was worried about my position but I didn't lose it.  I have this really great deal where I work two 12 hour night shifts EVERY sat and sun night 6p-6a and I get paid full time with full time benefits for it.  So at least if going back to work is hard I can recoop during the week as I am off M-F.  Luckily it was our 401B and same adjustments (lowering) of pay raises and the inability to take vacation with you as a check when you terminate employment with the hospital.  I can handle those changes!  I still get to keep my weekend option package and hopefully adopt kids soon and be a stay at home mom during the week (my goal).

Thanks for the suggestions and insight to your own personal journey and experiences.. it helps so much and your pics ROCK!

Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/09 7:18 am - Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, I answered your questions already :D

I had GREAT stamina until my wound opened (pictures in my post "When Good Surgeons Happen To Good People)...

I still haven't had the sensiivity to touch you describe.

Swelling. No comment.

I've gone down sizes, yet my pre-op jeans still are snug. Go figure.
Most Active