Update On Me :) and Poll for those who had LBL

MelissaF
on 5/18/09 4:36 am - Northwood, IA
I wish I had the answer, I am way too new postop to answer yet as we haven't crossed that line yet.  One of the main reasons I did have this surgery was for my sex life.

Good luck!  You might post a separate thread asking this question if you haven't so it gets more noticed.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

cbhjr98
on 5/18/09 4:42 pm
OK- I"ll give the TMI on the sex topic. Yes, I asked this question before and no one would give an answer...Long story short - I wanted it long before he did because he was scared of hurtting me - (he still is - LOL).

By 3 weeks I was going crazy without it. I tried it the only way I could find (me on top, but knees at 90 degrees, no squating still, wearing my binder to support my tummy). It worked! WOOHOO... but then afterwards I realized I over did it and my hip incisions hurt and couldn't do it again for a week. At 5 weeks I discovered that the most comfy way was missionary with him holding himself up off of me (so his tummy didn't touch mine-that caused uncomfy pull on the tummy incisions if he pugged his tummy out) and I could only do it 2-3 times a week and had to take a day or two off in between. Now at nearly 7 weeks I'm back to normal (every other day minimum) and any position only limited by the exhaustion from being back at work full time and my physical therapy (manual lymph drainage) that sometimes I'm just too darn tired. One note - he has to roll off as soon as he's finished cause otherwise his hip bones will press into the thigh incisions (the groin to knee ones) too long and that starts to smart.

OK - hope you enjoyed the WAY TOO MUCH INFO story of sex after LBL...if you have questions, feel free to ask - LOL

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
sisichi
on 5/18/09 6:54 pm - Manchester, PA
Hi Cass, Thanks for the info, I am older so don't do it that often but I think I can get an idea of how it will work out for us. We use a side by side position quite often and that should work after the surgery.LOL. Also I happen to love your name, my youngest daughter is named Cassandra so I am partial to the name. I am probably the oldest person going thru this much ps as I am going to be 65 in August. I feel a person has to keep up the real estate. Thanks, Carole
cbhjr98
on 5/18/09 6:57 pm
Carole - I thought side-by-side spooning would be easiest - boy was I wrong - that was the most PAINFUL as it made me put pressure on my hip laying on my side. Hope you dont have that problem, but darn it!  My hip incisions were worse than the tummy ones it seems - they are the only tender spots left now.

PS: there must be something about naming the baby of the family Cassandra as I'm the baby too and know a few other baby of the families that are the same - LOL...

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
jakes_mom03
on 5/18/09 12:54 am - Canada
Hi Melissa,
I need some input from you.  It is nice having a nurse on here!  I had my panni removed on Thursday and have been on clear fluids since then.  I had it removed by the surgeon who did my bypass so it was just done in a regular hospital not one that specializes in plastics.  They said to stay on clear fluids until I start passing gas, which I am.  I have moved to yougurt and softer foods.  Can I start regular food when I have a bowel movement?

I am please with the results so far.  The pain is bearable.  They say I do not have a cover the staples with dressing just use the binder.  For some reason I like the dressing over them as well.

I hope the pain you are having this week lets up.  You look amazing! 
Shelley

MelissaF
on 5/18/09 4:37 am, edited 5/18/09 4:37 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Shelley,

Most surgeons will say as long as you have passed gas you can advance your diet as tolerated.  I was on solid food before I left the hospital and had not had a bowel movement yet.

I think you would be fine to advance up but always make sure it is ok with your doc.  That was back in the day when you had to have a BM to eat solid food, now its .. "ya farted, here is your tray".

Thanks for the compliments, means so much!  I am feeling WAY better now.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Sharon S.
on 5/18/09 9:31 am - Redding, CA
When did you feel like you could go without your garment?  I stopped wearing it at exactly 6 weeks - what the Dr. had recommended.  Too hot to wear it now!!

When did your stanima come back full force?  I would say at 5 weeks I really started feeling like myself again, and was able to return to my regular walking routine.  I got back to my weight training at 6 weeks.

How long before you belly button was totally healed?  Still working on that (I'm 8 weeks out today) - but it's looking MUCH better now!

How long before you sat in a chair without a pulling sensation?  Haven't really experienced that...

When was your swelling totally gone?  Not yet!  It really hasn't been that bad, though...

Did you stay the same size or go down sizes? I went down 1-2 sizes (so far - hoping for more!).

How long postop were you without swelling etc to know what size you were going to be?  I'm only 8 weeks out, so I guess I have to wait and see...
MelissaF
on 5/18/09 11:41 am - Northwood, IA
Thanks for your input Sharon!  I am glad to hear that swelling hasn't been that much of an issue for you.. it wasn't for me either until I increased my activity recently (on purpose b/c I am a floor nurse and have 3 weeks to get back in the swing of things!) I ran errands and drove today for the first time and I feel like a balloon, even have two compression garments on at the moment, while I cannot breath (LOL) I feel better in the gut department, honestly the tigher the better.. sigh.

I hope to feel back to myself soon energy wise.  I am feeling better with each passing day.  I am just not that patient of a person, plastics and me probably don't mix well b/c of that lol.. but I know i will be so happy with the results once healed.

Thanks again!!
Hugs, Melissa 

cleos_mom
on 5/18/09 9:45 am - phila., PA
I could go w/o the garment after about 6 weeks & feel good , but I still wear it @ night & when I excercise cause I like it.

stamina came back about 6 weeks.
belly button about 3-4 weeks I had that yellow stuff coming out, it is not puss it is fat.

sometimes I still get the pulling sensation when I lay flat.

swelling is mostly gone but not totally

I went down 2 sizes so far

still don't know when the swelling will go down , I should go down another size

take your measurements weekly thats how you can tell how the swelling is going down.

TT with muscle tightening & hysterectomy Dec 12, 2008
inner thigh, butt & back  lift March 30  ,2009
MelissaF
on 5/18/09 11:43 am - Northwood, IA
Yeah - loving my garment at the moment.  Did a lot more activity today on purpose b/c I have to start gearing back up for work.  I work as a floor nurse 12 hour shifts.  I am half way through my leave so trying to push forward and gain some stanima and I get rewarded with swelling.. ugh.  I knew it would happen but the pressure on the incisions is more than uncomfortable.   I even have compression panties on OVER my body garment.. can't breath but feel better lol.  

Interesting about the fat on the belly button, that is exactly what it looks like, adipose tissue.. do please tell me more, I am intrigued to know WHY that is there????

Thanks for your input!!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

Most Active