I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

bradshaw0506
on 5/16/09 11:21 pm, edited 5/16/09 11:22 pm - Chicago, IL
So I'm still having swelling issues but each day it gets slightly better, and I mean slightly.  Yesterday I felt like I took a step backwards but it's okay.  I tried to make myself better by playing dress up from my own closet knowing full well that I'm swollen and feel like I've gained 30 pounds.

Could you believe that I could still put on my pre-surgery clothing no problem?!  I had bought a sz 4 just days before surgery even though I knew I couldn't wear them immediately after.  Actually even though my 4's fit prior I bought them anyway just because the tag said 4, I was so proud!

So anyway, the 4's were the first I put on and I was astonished that they fit over my very swollen legs comfortably but I still needed about 3 inches around my waist to button them.  Stupid swelling!

All of my tops fit totally diferent because my belly is no longer bigger than my boobs of course the belly is gone.  My Ralph Lauren sweater looks amazing!

So I see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's a wonderful feeling at 14 days post-op.

P.s. I go back to work tomorrow but I'm asking my surgeon for a prescription of Celebrex to help with the swelling since I'll be out and about on a regular basis.  I sure hope he agrees.

I MY DS!!!

Redhaired
on 5/17/09 12:05 am - Mouseville, FL
I am happy to hear things are going better for you.  The swelling can really skew our perception fo the results for awhile.  I hope it all goes well for you when you return to work.

Red

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/09 2:23 am
islander
on 5/17/09 9:37 am - Middletown, RI
It takes awhile.  I have a prescription of Celebrex & didn't find that it did anything to relieve the swelling.

Most Active