Year and a half out and chronic nausea

Maggie B.
on 5/16/09 8:50 am - Overland Park, KS

Hey gang~ Long time no see...

Sorry I haven't been around for a while.  I wanted to know if anyone out there can explain to me why am I chronically nauseated after eating just about everything.  Nothing is sitting well in my pouch. I am miserable.  Could this be protein or vitamin deficiency? I think I read somewhere it might be a low B6 that causes this.  I am eating normal stuff- protein first, low carb, but sometimes protein esp makes me sick to my stomach/pouch. 

Any guidance would be truly appreciated....

My RNY was 11/12/2007
Start/Current/Goal
285/170/150  115lbs gone baby!!! 
Ask me about AVON and Isagenix.... Just a nice Irish girl doing her thing...

dec721
on 5/17/09 10:23 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Have you contacted your surgeon?  And/or tried going back to liquids (or whatever you did immediately post-op; I'm a sleeve, so I don't know the RNY thing) and working your way forward again?  It seems really odd to be nauseated this far out.  Hope you feel better....
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Maggie B.
on 5/17/09 11:15 pm - Overland Park, KS
Thanks Dorothy-
You're right, I have gone back to protein shakes and supplements when this happens. It just calms my pouch down.  But it's time for labs, it's been about 6 months. I might be low on something even though I am pretty good at taking my vits! 

It hit me again last night, the nausea. yuck. So tired of it.  I will let you know what happens. GOing to a new PCP soon and will ask him to do my bloodwork. Just moved to a new town and it will be while before I meet my new surgeon I think...

Thanks again!
Maggie
My RNY was 11/12/2007
Start/Current/Goal

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/09 3:46 pm
Maggie B.
on 5/17/09 11:13 pm - Overland Park, KS
Thanks Jodi and Dorothy.  I should have addressed the could I be pregnant issue in my first post, but no, not pregnant. Decided to get an IUD last fall so that would not happen. My two pregnancies pretty much ruined my body so I decided at 43 that I am done with babies. Wish I could do one more but don't think it's meant to be.

I just moved to my former hometown of Kansas City, MO and have to find a new surgeon to follow me. I have one in mind, just haven't made the appt. But I am due for labs...I will definitely make sure I mention it.   I may get to my new PCP before the new surgeon so I know I can address it with him as well. He's very pro RNY and WLS so I'm sure he'll understand.

I don't think I'm eating too fast. I eat the same as I always do. Thanks for all the advice though.  You never know when some other post op person may have had the same issue.

I'll let ya know!
Maggie
My RNY was 11/12/2007
Start/Current/Goal

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/09 11:59 pm
Most Active