biggest loser question

theresa R.
on 5/18/09 12:35 am - Van Wert, OH
ok...this has bothered me for a while and i thought id see if anyone else here was feeling the same way...I watched biggest loser each week, and was amazed at the weight and hard work each contestant went through....my ? is....how did the 2 finalists loose approx 130lbs each and look so good at the finale?  OMG...no panni or anything showing....was it amazing SPANX or what?

Theresa R. =)
LapBand Surgery $13,950-2 Year Gym Membership $795.-TummyTuck&Lip0 $9950.00
Seeing those skinny bitches from High School and never
looking better---$PRICELESS

kerniec
on 5/18/09 1:03 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/22/14
Those shorts are shapewear, that's the only way they could bloody look like that, working out or not in that amount of time!!!

Not that they don't build more muscle than I have in 9 months but come on!!!

275 SW 8/5/08LB 165MW 2009-11, LB complications 2010-14

7-22-14 Revision LB to VSG 212SW/192CW/159GW  HT 5'7"

mommyto4kids
on 5/18/09 2:11 am
I have no shapeware that makes me look that good and Ive had PS.  I just dont know.....
Melissa M.
on 5/18/09 12:58 pm - Seabrook, TX
I tend to think that these women were not fat as children.  Tara was thin when she was younger and gained weight as an adult.  She's not that old so I don't think she was overweight very long.  She looked like she had never been fat a day in her life! 
Lisa A.
on 5/18/09 3:10 pm
I was thinking the same thing u were, I did not look that great after losing 137 lbs and still do not look that great even after boob job and TT. I think they pick people who are fat all over and  not mishapen like me I had twins first up and no amount of tummy crunches or weight loss OR spanx was gonna hide my pannis.sagging thighs or sagging boobs. My skin is now shrink wrap LOL
BigV
on 5/18/09 4:49 pm - UK
It is TV magic and I would love to know how they do it...... because obviously these people DO have loose skin after droping stupid amounts of weight in a very short period of time!  

I lost 215lbs+  naturally over a 2 year period, I used diet and exercise (not as extreme as the biggest loser TV show though) and despite the fact that  I started my WL journey at just 18yrs/old I still ended up with bag loads of excess skin which I am still having & planning more surgeries to remove!

They are not some kind of genetic freaks on this show; so they must be wearing either compression wear or having surgeries to remove skin before the final - or perhaps it is just the flattery of the TV camera, taking shots from certain angles in order to hide the state of the contestants after 9 months of dramatic weight loss.

TBL TV show gets on my nerves anyway, it sets out almost dangerous weight loss goals for average people, fooling the public into thinking they too can drop 6 or 7lbs a week every week!  

In real life that type of extra fast WL is usually reserved for WLS patients in the first few months after the operation.
cbhjr98
on 5/18/09 5:40 pm
There was an expose' a couple years ago - it showed that after you won and between the 'after the show/finale' there was about 6 weeks where they went in for some 'cosmetic touch-ups'. Supposedly they would have plastic surgery and then recover in time to shoot the "winner finale' show.  It was like "THAT'S CHEATING" and I was a bit disillusioned over it.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
cbhjr98
on 5/18/09 9:14 pm
http://www.ienhance.com/article/Detail.asp?ArtID=430 

Here's one example - finished the show in nov/dec and had the body lift in march...

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Mom_of_Triplets
on 5/18/09 11:39 pm - AL
I think a lot of it is age, genetics, length of time being overweight, body proportions, and just d@mn luck lol. I can say for me that after loosing 112 lbs in about 8-9 months that my only true problem area is my six pack of skin from carrying 20 lbs of triplets. My legs are fine accept for the top has a little wrinkling, no panus which means my tt is now all on me (had one the first 50 lbs but now I can't make it hang even a cm.), small and deflated but not at all hangy boobs, and arms with a few stretch marks but not much else.... I think that if they seek out contestants with the greatest likelyhood of great looking results and very little skin damage (ie stretch marks) that it may not be "fake" and what problems they do have can probably be at least improoved through good production.

Ht: 5’6? SW: 244lbs GW: 144 lbs CW: 123.5 lbs

Melissa M.
on 5/19/09 2:06 pm - Seabrook, TX
Most Active