Pregnancy after TT

sanguinarythorn
on 5/15/09 10:46 pm - Newport News, VA
I'm having a TT on July 14th. I'm 24 and I just had my first baby last August. I had open RNY 4 years ago and lost over 100 lbs. I have a lot of extra skin around my tummy and just want the skin GONE. Everytime I tell someone I'm having a TT, the first question they ask me is, "Well what if you want more children?" As if a TT makes me steril or something.

I'm not having muscle tightening because insurance will only cover the skin removal. So... my question is this, without the muscle tightening, when I get pregnant again, will it completely undo the TT? I know the skin will probably wind up a little loser after the TT, but as long as it doesn't wind up like it is now, I don't really care.

When I was pregnant, I always felt depressed when I looked in the mirror because the dangling skin from my tummy always took the focus away from my baby bump. I remember just wanting the skin gone so I could appreciate my bump. In a way, one of the biggest reasons I want this done is so I can get pregnant again (weird, I know.)
Cristy S.
on 5/16/09 12:18 am - West Point, GA
My Dr says no. I did do the muscle tightening and have no kids ...yet. He said it will loosen the muscles BUT unless you gain a lot of weight that you have to lose then you are generally fine!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
MelissaF
on 5/16/09 3:56 am - Northwood, IA
My doctor and I had this question b/c I have not had children either (as of right now we are looking to adopt) but if we choose to later he said just like the above poster said.  It will look like any other woman who has had a baby, you wont be a "svelte" as you are now and if you want that you will require a revision but you will never look like you did postop RNY (I had a lot of skin).  

For me it was worth it mentally to get rid of the skin now and deal with that issue later..... the common joe does not understand that. 

Plus I wanted insurance backing.. and I knew after kids they would never approve it.  What if you get a postop complication, say an infection that requires long term antibiotics or another hospital visit (god forbid right?) then most likelyt hey are gonna help you out where if you are totally self-pay... welll there is some financial burden to haunt you forever.

I say go for it.. I did. 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

WendieS
on 5/18/09 2:29 am - Birmingham, AL
HI,
I delivered last July and am 5 yrs or so out of TT.
I had gained 10 lbs post TT, pre pregnancy. I gained around 30 lbs with pregnancy, still working on the last 5 (ok, not working that hard) from the baby and the 10 I gained before.
I wasnt super tight before I got pregnant, it had loosened a little(due to the 10 lbs im sure) but was still flat with muscle definition.
Now I am looser , I am still flat, still have muscle definition, it just isnt as pronounced. Like a normal person who got preggo, didnt gain too much weight and is still working on the last 15 :)
hehe, i hope that helps. I did wear a bikini a couple of weeks ago at the beach.
Getting preggo absolutely did NOT undo the TT work. The extra skin is still gone.
The baby bump while preggo is elongated rather than going out really far, and it is a little painful as the belly is tight. It takes longer to show after a TT too. PM me if you have any other questions.
I definately would go for it if I was you.

Quade born July 6!!!! 
easter09040-1.jpg picture by wendiesmi

sanguinarythorn
on 5/18/09 12:09 pm - Newport News, VA
On May 18, 2009 at 9:29 AM Pacific Time, WendieS wrote:
HI,
I delivered last July and am 5 yrs or so out of TT.
I had gained 10 lbs post TT, pre pregnancy. I gained around 30 lbs with pregnancy, still working on the last 5 (ok, not working that hard) from the baby and the 10 I gained before.
I wasnt super tight before I got pregnant, it had loosened a little(due to the 10 lbs im sure) but was still flat with muscle definition.
Now I am looser , I am still flat, still have muscle definition, it just isnt as pronounced. Like a normal person who got preggo, didnt gain too much weight and is still working on the last 15 :)
hehe, i hope that helps. I did wear a bikini a couple of weeks ago at the beach.
Getting preggo absolutely did NOT undo the TT work. The extra skin is still gone.
The baby bump while preggo is elongated rather than going out really far, and it is a little painful as the belly is tight. It takes longer to show after a TT too. PM me if you have any other questions.
I definately would go for it if I was you.
Do you have any pictures from when you were pregnant? I'm always curious what the "bump" looks like post TT. I feel silly for one of the sole reasons wanting this surgery is so I can have a defined "bump". I mean, my MAIN reason is wanting the skin gone, period... but I would love to have a bump to appreciate next time I get pregnant :)
WendieS
on 5/18/09 11:55 pm - Birmingham, AL
I dont think I do. I have one somewhere when I was 7 months but honestly I just look like a fat tomato. I was in a wedding, had to wear a giant red tent, hehe. You could not really see the belly because of the cut of the dress, just looked BIG. I did have a pronounced baby belly after 7-8 months. I am a size 14 though, so it spread all across, hehe. I never had that nice basketball belly. When I was 6 months I went for a new employee physical, the dr found out I was pregnant and said I was tiny. Was a defining moment for me, haha.
there are several girls on the pregnncy board that have had TT, you may want to post there.
If you are wanting to get preggo soon after the TT I might rethink it, it would probably be very uncomfortable. but if you are planning to wait several years i would do it.

Quade born July 6!!!! 
easter09040-1.jpg picture by wendiesmi

Most Active