Period during surgery?

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/16/09 11:24 pm
I think I might have mine by my surgery date - I know this is proabably a stupid question - but could that stop my surgery from going on?  I know it doesn't affect WLS - and i am not having anything done near 'that' area........

Yea - I'm coming up on 1 week away and I am freaking out thinking of EVERY single possible thing.....  I already bought two sports bras w/front zipper like they told me, bought the size they said, tried it on and thought I have to have a bigger one just in case......

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Nicole998
on 5/17/09 2:15 am - Winter Haven, FL
Hi,
I was on mine when I went in for my tt and I called ahead of time, they said it was no problem.  Luckily for me I was on the final day
Good luck,
Nicki
 HighCurrent / Surgeon's Goal / Personal Goal
291 /    157 /        160         /          170

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/17/09 2:37 am
thanks nicki!!!  I was pretty sure it wouldn't be an issue, but you never know - so thanks for the confirmation.

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/09 2:19 am
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/17/09 2:36 am
Yea - it IS almost time - I swear I have spent a good hour today in the full length mirror in my bedroom doing the 'what if' tug and pull on everything hangin..... LOL

Luckily I will be doing about 60 or more hours this week getting my department ready for me to be out - so that should keep me occupied...... HOWEVER - Memorial Weekend will be full blown freak tha hell out time, I think...... LOL 

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/09 3:24 pm
CareNH
on 5/17/09 10:13 am - Derry, NH
Mine was due the week after surgery...BUT,
After 7 hours on the table for a TT and BL, I woke up to...surprise my period.
I was so embarassed. The nurses said that it happens ALL THE TIME.
They said that the "trauma" of surgery sometimes makes it start.
I was bummed because I did not want to deal with that and the post op pain, drains etc...
It all was fine- especially since I was laying low. I was actually happy to have it over with so that when I felt more mobile and up and about it was done!
Just be prepared- maybe bring a pad with you- just incase :)
Carolyn

Highest Weight- 306, BMI: 43.9
Current Weight- 168, BMI: 24.1
Goal Weight- 165,  BMI:  23.6

dec721
on 5/17/09 10:17 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Ha ha, I started mine the morning of my tummy tuck and breast reduction ... the day after my 50th birthday!  What the hey??  They gave me a pad to stick in a little mesh panty thing (no tampons allowed, just in case it is forgotten about or you can't physically reach to get it out), and after surgery, I couldn't tell what was period blood and what was post-op blood.  What a mess, but they had me on one of those bed pads anyway, so it didn't matter in the least.  I was probably the only one who thought a thing about it.  The surgeon even said, "Well, we know God has a sense of humor!"  HA!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Lisa A.
on 5/17/09 3:10 pm
Oh the show will go on period or no period LOL I was told I could not wear a tampon or napkin during surgery and I was on my heavyest day and they told me they will take the tampon out when I go under and I will wake up with a pad on and of couse they forgot to place a pad on and I was a bloody mess ugh.. I always have bad timing when it come to aunt flo
Good luck
Lisa
cbhjr98
on 5/17/09 5:36 pm
Mine started the night before surgery. Unlike you guys - I put a tampon in, told the doc and nurse I had one in and that I had started. You guessed it - they forgot about it. I found it two days after surgery still in. Take my advice, don't use tampons if you do start.

Cassandra

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Most Active