Not Going to Lose it I swear (LONG)

MyQnA
on 5/15/09 8:30 am
So, It is 12:29 am here waaaaaay past my 8:30 or 9:00 bedtime.  I needed a shower so I decide I can do it myself although I have not been able to physically do it myself.  But, I have had a tugging pain in my navel all day and figured what the hell.  wa**** and be done.

I am home alone angry pissed off and in pain so anything I state hereafter may be jaded.

The problem seems that my belly button is inflamed and oozing.  I decide I can change the dressing.  I am NOT qualified medical personnel.  I did it anyway and I think I did it right and I think I look like **** and I am angry!!!!!  I have no clue what I did that it is leaking or what I did that it is all crusty and funky and ewwwwww.  But, Did I mention I look like **** 

Yes, I look hideous and I am trying to hold on to reality long enough to lay down and go to sleep.  I didn't hurt until I took off the binder and stood in front of the mirror and changed the dressing.  I will add that yes I of course video taped this episode and took pictures because I wanted to remember what an ass I was for not taking it easy and not just accepting help.

OK thank you so much for reading this crap.  I am going to go to bed and I will sleep minus a binder so that this thing airs out and if anyone cares to see the video is attached but after my sister sees it I will be deleting them tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SfddVPo094

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

mommyto4kids
on 5/15/09 10:09 am
I hope your belly button is ok and you get to felling better.
                  Brandi
MelissaF
on 5/15/09 11:45 am - Northwood, IA
Oh Hunny.... bless your heart.  Ok talk to me.. tell me whats going on??? I have a couple questions and I hope I am not pestering you!

1) What is up with ALL that tape on your belly button? Do you have an infection????  I think it looks fine from what I can see and JUST LIKE MINE? Mine is crusty/scabby.. its healing hunny.  But I don't have ANY tape on mine at all.  It isn't oozing though?  Talk to me...

2) Why do you think you look like crap? (being politally correct here :P)  I think you a lot like ME.  Please don't think you look like crap.. u really look good!!!

3) You did great and I think you are too hard on yourself... if you MUST do a dressing do you have to use so much tape? I feel you are doing more damage to your skin than good taping over and over it like that... tell me why the tape, I am confused.  Also if you have abdominal binder you could just put like a telfa dressing (nonstick dressing) over the naval and then the binder will keep it in place so no tape is used.

I want to know whats going on and help you.... talk talk talk to me.

HUGS!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

MyQnA
on 5/15/09 4:45 pm
Now that I have had some rest.  LOLOLOLOL I feel worlds better.  But, that is the way the nurse dressed ti and I was just trying to do what she did.  My sister is a nurse and asked to the same thing she felt I should let it air out.

As for the crap and all that, my navel was the main reason I started even looking into plastics it was infected every other month or so and for weeks at a time trying to combat it with various antibiotics.  I just looked and thought **** here I go again.

But, when my lovely husband came home to see me he put our little people to bed and tried to comfort me that it is soooo not the same.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

MelissaF
on 5/16/09 2:34 am - Northwood, IA
Well you are strong and you did a good job!!!

Yes, wayyyyy too much tape to be put on the skin and that is just going to break the tissue down surrounding the naval which can lead to even more infection.  NO MORE TAPE like that.. I don't care who this nurse is.. lol.  If you can find TELFA dressings that are nonstick nonadherant dressings and place it over your naval just under you binder that is sufficient.  If you must tape use a small amt of paper tape.

Does it look better now that you have aired it out?  Mine is starting to ooze a little too but I think its from getting wet in the shower and some of the scabs are starting to moisten etc.. just keep an eye on it.  If it looks worrisome call your doc.  If the surrounding tissue gets harder, redder, warm to the touch or a foul odor occurs then its time to call for sure.

You are a tough cookie and it was hard to watch you be in so much fear and discomfort.  You can PM me anytime it comes to nurse stuff and I will assist where I can Maxine.

Love ya girl.  Hang in there!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 10:55 pm
Honeyblonde
on 5/16/09 1:15 am - MN
Hey Maxine -

Hope you're feeling better today.

I don't have any words of wisdom.  Just hang in there and know that this too shall pass!

You're beautiful -

~  BJ
O. Kufi
on 5/16/09 7:38 am, edited 5/16/09 7:38 am
Maxine.....you are superwoman! Sorry you had to go through that by yourself. Hang in there and keep looking forward to the good days of being healed and healthy.

BIG

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

dec721
on 5/16/09 8:46 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Sweetie, my pore ol' belly button oozed for about a month (better out than in, I told myself, about all that goo) ... and then popped open on one side when I was at a church conference a couple of months post-op!  It healed just fine; just took time.  Patience, dear, and you will be fine :-)
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

tcnaegele
on 5/17/09 9:33 pm - madison, IN
the doctor told me not to do anything to mine it would ooze, but it got so raw i would sit at night with a little fan and would blow it inside to dry it , and with in 3 days mine totaly healed,i think the air really helped it to dry out inside, hope this helps. tracy
Most Active