care credit vs credit card

blueigrl
on 5/16/09 2:30 am - port st lucie, FL
If care credit is 13.9% and my credit card is 6.9%...then i might as well just use my credit card...right?  yes. i am stupid. why would someone use one over the other? please help me...thanks
bamagirlee
on 5/16/09 3:43 am - Phenix City, AL
Very good question! I would say use your private card unless the care credit is no interest for a certain number of months. Luckily I won't have to charge any of my initial PS but I down the road I want some things done that my insurance won't cover so I'll be checking into the same thing. 
I do know I've read some posts where people mention some type of credit that is interest free for 18 months so I'll be watching for responses to your post. Thanks for asking!
p.s. The kicker to the 18 months no interest is that it does accumulate during those 18 months and you are charged with it if you are not able to pay your balance within that time.  
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

MelissaF
on 5/16/09 5:50 am - Northwood, IA
Care Credit does offer or did offer an 18 month interest free loan but like Phyllis mentioned, if you do not pay within the 18 months then the finance charges go retro and it is a large sum to pay then.. can sink ya.  So if you can develop a plan to pay within the 18 months I think its a great reputable company that most people have used without problems. 

Good luck!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

blueigrl
on 5/16/09 7:51 am - port st lucie, FL
Assuming i get approval, i think i would, if worse came to worse, couldn't i do 18 months interest free and then if it was tight at the end pay the care credit off with my low interest credit card?  does that make any sense?  sound possible?  thanks again...Jo
Cristy S.
on 5/16/09 8:04 am - West Point, GA
Im not sure what your credit score is but mine is great. I applied for care credit a few months ago and was denied, I reapplied with my hubby who also has great credit. Denied. I cried for days because that was my main plan to finance, thankfully the bank came through with a great deal! Come to find out they were not making any loans because of how bad the economy was at the time. My suggestion is to go with your credit card.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
MelissaF
on 5/16/09 8:07 am - Northwood, IA
Wow Cristy... scary times right now when a credit card denies ppl with good credit... we really are in a scary place.  Sigh... i pray it gets better soon.  All these car dealerships closing etc.. wow.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Cristy S.
on 5/16/09 11:45 am - West Point, GA
I think we all hope it gets better soon! It was a scary thing not being able to even get a loan with good credit.. but it did all work out for the best in the end!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
MelissaF
on 5/16/09 8:06 am - Northwood, IA
not sure how that all works honestly.... im sure there is a way.. u will get it figured out just don't get sucked into that retro finance stuff.... not worth it.
Hugs, Melissa 

cleos_mom
on 5/16/09 11:11 pm - phila., PA
Usuallyy when you get a special % & 18 months no interest you can't pay it off with anothe CC unless you have the CC checks.
 I got a capitol one CC with 12 month interest free & miles
blueigrl
on 5/16/09 8:53 am - port st lucie, FL
thanks ladies, good to know...jo
Most Active