TT/BL - what do I *need* that I might not know???

HKD1970
on 5/18/09 1:54 pm - Santa Rosa, CA
Any advice I may have missed?  Things I just have to have? 
Oh please please please... 
My pre-op is on Friday, Surgery on June 2nd. 

MelissaF
on 5/18/09 2:05 pm - Northwood, IA
As far as post op needs?

High rise toilet seat with arms to push off with and recliner are the two things I always heard of.

I had both, loved the toilet seat, didn't use the recliner.

MANY pillows.  Pillow for the car ride home or two from the hospital if u are staying over night.

Mens tshirts or tanks to go under binder so it doesn't scratch ot make "dig" at your skin.

Have meals frozen ahead of time or ready to go.  Get house oraganized so u don't have to do much but heal - have it clean etc, laundry done.

I had boughted nightgowns for the first time in my life so it was flowing away from my body for comfort and easier to pin drains to.  LOOSE comfortable clothes on teh way home from the hospital.

All I can think of at the moment.  Oh and if you are a dumper on sugar, bring your own protein bars and shakes.  Most of my trays at the hospital were full of sugar.

Robe, slippers and chapstick.

Good luck! you will do great!

Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

cleos_mom
on 5/18/09 10:12 pm - phila., PA
sweat pants or drwstring pants or shorts you will wear the a while
good luck
WendieS
on 5/19/09 12:44 am - Birmingham, AL
Have things on hand to eat that you dont have to prepare. PB crackers, deli meat, cheese sticks, protein bars, nuts- things that need no preparation at all, I didnt even want to put together a sandwick . It is so important to get in enough calories while recovering, yet such a pain to prepare anything. I had a really hard time until I started eating enough. My dr knew exactly what was going on when I was having a hard time. I needed to eat more.

Quade born July 6!!!! 
easter09040-1.jpg picture by wendiesmi

not_quite_Barbie
on 5/19/09 5:54 am
Alcohol wipes for the drains. Wrap the wipe around the drain tube and it slides along the tube with no friction. So much easier to drain!
5'4" start weight 233, current 122 lb.
RNY 9/07
TT/BA 3/09
LBL 4/10
bradshaw0506
on 5/20/09 5:14 am - Chicago, IL
A really good sense of humor!

You'll need it, trust me.

I MY DS!!!

Most Active