2 days past Breast lift

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/15/09 12:57 am
I am slowly recovering from PS Breast L.  The girls are still wrapped up so I have not seen them yet. Not sure what to expect. Will I laugh? cry? I decided to get reduction... so I am really not sure what is under the wrap.
As for food - last few days I was slacking on my protein so I need to rebuild the storage, without adding calories. 
As a note: not all generics medicine are the same.  I heard about that, but it is a first time I experience that. I have a hard time with any strong pain pills - they make me really nauseous. The only one I tolerated was Darvacet. I usually would get generic from CVS.  It worked fine.  My fiance got my prescription from Publix. They had the pills from a different manufacturer (than CVS) - and guess what - the other pills, even though they suppose to be the same thing - made me sick to my stomach.  He had to call the doc and ask for another prescription to CVS.  Now I have my "other pills" and they are OK.  Funny how things work.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MyQnA
on 5/15/09 12:59 am
Good Luck in a speedy recovery!

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

LngRedRose
on 5/15/09 2:48 am
You are 2 days post op?  How's the pain?  Can I ask what size you were and what you went down to?  I am having surgery on Wednesday and I am so anxious.  Do you have drains?  Thanks for your response...

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

lmanning2004
on 5/15/09 9:48 am - Boston, MA
I am 10 days post op, as far as pain everyones tolerance level is different, BUT it is ver minimal, you should feel burning on the incision site. I got a b.lift is that what your getting? I love the after so far they look so good in comaprison to what they looked like before. The one thing that I'm not enjoying about healing is the itching, the scar itches like crazy. I was a full D cup now I am a full C small D. I love it.
Lez

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/09 4:26 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
For me there was no pain after my Breast Reduction/Lift...other than that first night...a little uncomfortable but not what I would call real pain (no way near as bad as after my Arm Lift!!)

I had one drain in each breast.....they were removed 4 days after surgery (I had surgery on Thursday night, went home on Friday morning and saw the surgeon on Monday).

Best wishes to you on your upcoming surgery.
Post when you feel up to it and let us know how you are doing.

Ruth
lmanning2004
on 5/15/09 9:45 am - Boston, MA
I just had my breast lift on 5/5 and my surgeon put me in a body suit cuz I also had a tummy tuck. I can't tell you exactly what to expect because our bodies heal differently but I can tell you that you should be pleased because no matter what it does look like now, it has to look alot better than the before. I'm healing so good and fast. I literally had no pain from my surgery, are you feeling the burning sensation Dr's said you will?
Leslie

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 10:27 pm
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/09 4:21 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
How exciting for you!! 
I had my breast reduction/lift done 6 months ago. 

I remember the first time I looked at them.......they were swollen of course and a bit bruised but I was so happy!!!  First time in about 25 years (maybe longer) that the girls stood up at attention and looked "perky".  I'm still thrilled.

The incision around the nibble cannot even be seen and the one that runs straight down if barely visible.  The ones that circle around the outer boob area are still visible (pinkish) but I hope that will fade with time too.  

I wore the CVS brand silicone strips (I cut them in half length wise) EVERYDAY once all the stitches were out and the surgeon gave me the ok to start with scar cream/treatment.

I wore a study sports bra for a least 2 months.  FYI - I slept one too or I used the soft bra like garment I got from the hospital.  (Mine was messy when I leaving the hospital that they cleaned me up one more time and gave me a brand new one to take home all nice and clean).

It was so exciting the first time I walked around the house bra-less all day (had a tee shirt on)....I've NEVER been able to do that!!!!!

Anyhow I'm sure you will be happy too!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Ruth
PS - I found I felt really great shortly after surgery and had to keep reminding myself not to overdo it.  DO NOT run.....bouncing girls is not a good idea at this time!

LngRedRose
on 5/17/09 2:21 pm
Thanks for the responses everyone.  I am nervous but excited... I will post an update when I can...

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

Most Active