is this a good thing? Or is he charging toooo much!?

PuggyDawn S.
on 5/15/09 4:41 am - San Antonio, TX
I went for a consult today for a lower body lift.

This plastic surgeon will do a thigh lift ~ incisions in the groin area

a butt lift, tummy tuck (to include muscle), and flanks.

I would be in the hospital 2 days, with a private nurse, antibiotics, vitamins and garments and one year follow up with him...with the price tag of $21,000.  That's everything...the anesthesiologist, hospital, going home with drains and a pain pump (for 3 days).

I have looked at his photo gallery and the set price for a LBL is $21,000.  But I am no where near the wrinkle skin and excess as shown for the average LBL.

He wants me to come back so he can take measurements and photos....he said that depending on the amount of actual skin removed, he could lower his price...but we could talk about it at the next visit when he gets the measurements and such.

Does this sound KOSHER?  He would reduce the price?  Do you need to have to pay in advance for 1 yr follow up?

Just trying to get some thoughts.....
Dawn

pugbunny2-small.jpg picture by PuggyDawn Happy Easter ~"bawk bawk"
check out my weight loss video
:
  http://tinyurl.com/aqbbq4

Honeyblonde
on 5/15/09 5:14 am - MN
I had just the LBL for a TOTAL of $11,000.  I didn't need any muscle repair but he didn't know that going in.  Also, I had an amazing Dr. in Minneapolis - went in at 7:30 in the a.m. and was home by 2:30 p.m. that same afternoon.  Pics are on my profile.

Doctors are SO different in what they do and what they carge.

Good luck - I hope you get some good answers!!

~  BJ

MelissaF
on 5/15/09 5:50 am - Northwood, IA
Wow Dawn... honestly seems STEEP to me but all surgeons are different.

My panniectomy was covered by insurance but I had to pay the difference for the LBL and that was 10.6k.

Good luck.. I hope you get what you want done!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Kristi J.
on 5/15/09 9:11 am

I suppose it is comparing apples to oranges--but I'm having abdominoplasty--no muscle, lipo arms, lipo flanks and full thighs--knees to groin --2 surgeons working together, 1 year aftercare, binder, no hospital stay--surgeon fee $7300, plus anesth and facility--total just over $10k.

I would get a second opinion...
good luck!
k

cbhjr98
on 5/16/09 6:12 pm
There have been a couple people from TX in here (I know, cuz I paid attention in case I had to wait to get home to have it done). And for LBL they only paid like 16K. That price does seem rather steep, if you ask me. I'd definately have a second opinion and then go back and talk price with the first one if you still want him to do it.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
jonelle32514
on 5/16/09 11:52 pm - Pensacola, FL
I am in Pensacola, FL and had my consult with the plastic surgeon in Destin.  I do not have a lot of excess skin, my thighs are wrinkly and my butt sags. Anyways, I am getting a BA (500cc silicone under the muscle) with a breast lift, repair on my rny scar (I had mini open), LBL with muscle tightening since I had kids, medial thigh lift. One year after care, hospital stay. This is two separate surgeries. He is going to do my boobs and inner thigh lift first and then my lbl so there is two charges for anethesia, dr fee and hospital fee. My grand total is 21,440.00.

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

newyear79
on 5/20/09 1:27 am - TX
Hi Dawn,

You should visit more than one doctor and find one that you are the most comfortable with.  I will be doing the same thing you are in addition to a breast lift and augmentation and I was quoted $20,000.00.  The price that I was given was in detail and included a discount. 

Best of luck,

Stella
Most Active