Updated apt today-revisionbreast lift not lifted enough?

Tanya L.
on 5/18/09 10:18 pm - Lewiston, ME
I hope so too!  I will know tomorrow for sure if they don't call me today as I have an appointment in the afternoon.  Week 1 loved where they were front view.  Much higher.  I am hoping he sees the same thing and wants to do a revision.  I am just not sure about cost, and also when it can be done.  Like will I have to wait 6 months since it has only been 3 weeks, or can it be done soon.  We'll see.

The easiest way to see just how far they have gone down is that I have a small horizontal line that goes across between my boobs.  It is like a fold in the skin and when straightened (standing up) it shows a bit.  On front view week 1 it is like it connects one nipple to the other and only a few inches to bottom of rounded boob.  In week 3 it is several inches higher than my nipples now.

17 of total pounds lost before surgery

gypsywoman6789
on 5/19/09 12:12 am - Hudson, NH

OK, so I'm no expert in this but I would have to say that you are 100% not crazy.  They look ALOT better than they did pre op but I would agree with you completely that they are too low.  I have no idea what would be a "realistic" outcome because I imagine that it depends on what the surgeon has to work with.  But considering that you had a  BL and a BA I would have expected different results.

Don't be shy, tell him exactly how you feel.  Let him know your friends agree and its not just in your head.  This is your body and your money and you were the one that had to go through the recovery, so speak up for yourself OR take someone along with you who will speak up for you ( I always take my hubby, he's a great advocate)

Tanya L.
on 5/19/09 12:24 am - Lewiston, ME
Thank you!  It's so calming to hear others say they see the same thing as I do.  Half the time I feel like I see things completely differently than everyone else and maybe I am being too critical.  So it helps to get feedback from all you guys!  I am definitely going to say something and we'll see what happens.  My appointment is tomorrow afternoon.  I'm a little nervous for it since I haven't heard anything from them, but my husband thinks I am getting all nervous and worked up for nothing and it will be fine.   I will keep you guys posted!

Tee M.
on 5/19/09 2:35 am - CT
I had the same size implants at the end of February.  I was in D's until recently and now am in a full C cup.  You do need to give it some time.

Why is it we all know how to use our tool, but refuse to do it?

Tanya L.
on 5/19/09 2:40 am - Lewiston, ME
Did yours stay the same height?  I'm not sure how to word it.  Like were they up high, then lower, but went back up?  The size I could live with, bonus if they ended up smaller...it is the lift part that worries me the most dropping so much.

Tee M.
on 5/19/09 2:45 am - CT
I go by the placement of the nipples.  From the collarbone to the nipple I measured 9 inches after the lift (they were >12 inches pre surgery).  They have stayed there, but the implants do drop and they are designed to do that.  Maybe you are experiencing the drop of the implant, not the nipple.  A more natural shape is for most of the "bulk" to be at nipple height and below once the implant finds it's natural place.  I don't see pictures of you so I can't tell if its normal or not, but I would suggest you have the doctor explain to you what you should be seeing from here on out.

Tanya L.
on 5/19/09 2:48 am - Lewiston, ME
Thanks!  It is the nipple that has moved (along with everything else).  I have this crease between my breats and at week 1 my nipples were lined up with the crease, now at week 3 they are about 3 inches lower than it.  I couldn't add you as a friend so you can see for some reason.  I will know tomorrow where I am heading with these.

Tee M.
on 5/19/09 3:03 am - CT
Probably couldn't add me because I have no profile.  (work reasons).  If the nipples are dropping then you really do need to talk to him.  He will have the measurements in his surgical notes, so it is something he should address.

WendieS
on 5/21/09 1:06 am - Birmingham, AL
Fabulous news Tanya!!!!! Yay!!!
When are you going to do it? Im so excited for you ! thanks for letting me know :)

Quade born July 6!!!! 
easter09040-1.jpg picture by wendiesmi

Most Active