A whole NEW pain!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/09 4:34 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Melissa,
You poor thing....so sorry you were in so much pain.. I hope by now you have been taking your pain meds and feeling better!

You nurses need to take your own advice!!!  I say that with a lot of love......I have 3 siblings who are nurses and 2 nieces who are nurses.   I'm sure if you were caring for a patient you would be telling them to take the pain meds before the pain actually kicks in. 

I had abdominal surgery a few years ago (not plastics), but to date this was still the most painful surgery I've ever had (and I've had quite a few).  I can remember needing a some pain killers even after a month...the stomach muscles are so sensitive!

So far as the ZINGERS......oh man do I know what you mean....I was getting them in my back on the right side about 2 or 3 weeks after my Arm Lift.  The surgeon keeps saying its the nerves reconnecting and I believe him but MAN IT HURTS!  Sometimes when I'm trying to sleep I roll over the wrong way and OUCH!!!    Matthew gave me a hug one day and I screamed so loud he hasn't tried again....LOL!!!!   The good news is my zingers happen far less often and the pain is not as bad when it does happen.  

Sending best wishes out to you.....
Ruth

MelissaF
on 5/16/09 5:55 am - Northwood, IA
Thanks for listening to my whines Ruth!

I was taking tylenol extra strength during the day and percocet at night and doing great with that.. no problems at all then all the sudden WAM I swear it was just like that.. everything came to life, numbness gone other than belly button and I was like AHHHHHHHH what is this?!?!?  You would think it would have come on gradual.. ha NOPE.  Am I a weird one or what?

Of course my doc was supportive but the nurse was pretty quesionable about my pain and thinking I need to try under armour that kids wear in sports as a different source of compression.  I was like.. its not the compression.. I can have nothing on and have even a sheet touch my skin and I wanted to scream it was that senstive.  Either I am getting used to it now or it isn't as bad today, I am just not in that much misery today.

The ironic part of it is that I went on a 2 mile walk outside for the first timet he day prior.. I don't know if had anything to do with it? At the time it did not feel like I was overdoing it but maybe I got something aggravated or I helped move those nerves to start regenerating at mach 3 speed - I have no clue!??

Anyways.. they called me in some lortab.  It is working some but really.. I am realizing the nerve pain isn't really helped that much by even narcotics.  It was great for muscular pain but now that the muscular pain is doing well (very minimal ache now and then even when I use my muscles YAY) it just doesn't really do anything for this nerve regeneration.

I happened to be watching Nemo right now (i have no kids.. lol.. oh well!) and Dori happens to be singing "just keep swimming, just keep swimming.." couldn't be a better time to provide me a source of inspriration... lol.  I will take Dor's advice.

Thanks Ruth, I appreciate all the love and thoughts.

HUGS
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active